FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is under the factory optic? I am jsut curious to find out if there is a rail under the optics. So if you wanted you can take off the optics and mount your own scope or whatever you want.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
There is a rail, but it is pretty low, lower than the tactical models rail.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a rail under the optic but it is polymer. Finding a mount that would put another optic at the right height may be difficult and you may not be able to use the optics cover.

Seems like it would be easier and cheaper just to get the tactical model and get your own optic.

Why pay more for the Standard model?

The tactical has a better rail (aluminum instead of polymer) at a better height and comes with back up sights, it is also about $150 cheaper.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I agree - I like being able to choose my own optic.
The one that came with my ps90 is so crappy I would not buy another fn optic

·
Registered
980 Posts
but the factory optic setup has less of a radar signature
I don't actually know that. :D I know that airborn radar can pick up infantry because of their rifles ect.
Do you think it's possible that the FS2000 standard was developed with radar stealth in mind???

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
I don't actually know that. :D I know that airborn radar can pick up infantry because of their rifles ect.
Do you think it's possible that the FS2000 standard was developed with radar stealth in mind???
I carry a stealth USPc 45 :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
No don't be silly.

It was completely designed to be aerodynamic and recyclable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
and for the mag to never fall out unless you buy a magpull

·
Registered
980 Posts
raven11 said:
and for the mag to never fall out unless you buy a magpull
..because mags laying on the ground would comprise radar stealth
..its all making sense now.. :wink:

Honestly, the gasket makes me think. WHY? it makes me think that doing a sand-in-the-guts test might be a disappointing diversion.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
I almost thought you were serious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts