FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a SCAR. what do you guys consider a fair price for a new SCAR vs a used SCAR? They are attainable for 2200+shipping new from what I have seen.
Most used ones with little to no accessories posted for 1800-2000 normally are gone within a day. Is the 200-400 difference worth waiting for a good used deal?

How are companies even selling these that have them listed for 2500+??? Price gouging? Ignorance? or do people just not know the real price a SCAR can be had for new?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Depends how attached to your money you are. For me spending a couple extra hundred is akin to working a half sat overtime at work. Sometimes having the item vs not having the item is far more important than the dollars and cents.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I say yes, 2200 for a new 16 is about as good as it gets, and as far as a new one with 100 rounds down the pipe for a savings of a couple hundred bucks just throws up red flags to me. For piece of mind I would just buy new and sounds like you found a good price to go with ! Just my .02 , Good luck !

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am in the market for a SCAR. what do you guys consider a fair price for a new SCAR vs a used SCAR? They are attainable for 2200+shipping new from what I have seen.
Most used ones with little to no accessories posted for 1800-2000 normally are gone within a day. Is the 200-400 difference worth waiting for a good used deal?

How are companies even selling these that have them listed for 2500+??? Price gouging? Ignorance? or do people just not know the real price a SCAR can be had for new?
$2150-2250 is dealer cost depending on distributor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If any wear and tear looks like a few hundred rounds, I'd save the money and go used. I'd also look to where it came from. Sure there are a few big round rifles here and there, but especially in my neck of the woods (given the weather, the price of ammo, and no tactical high round count classes), and the fact that many of these SCARS are trophy room guns. Ok, and they are built like a tank, I'd fear no used rifle unless I suspect a lot of rounds, and even then, if the price is right I'd do it. My ex pakistany G3 on a Port receiver has seen the worst care on the planet and is still in top shape function wise. Just saying.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I paid $1,900 for a one owner 16s in 2011,man only had it a week got a DUI and needed an Attorney,my LGS guy must have stole it from him but it was a good deal so I bought it. Been a great rifle with no problems. ACOG was not part of the deal.

FN SCAR 16S 5.56 Rifle (1).JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts