FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For U guys who have had the fake suppressors for a little while now, what's the latest word on them?

Still like them? Do U take them on and off? Do they scratch up the stock barrel a lot?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have read comments saying a fake can will alter your gun's accuracy but it didn't on mine. I think the best one on the market is from Gem Tech. See it at CMMGinc.com
I sure like the way it looks as and feels on mine. I don't plan on taking it off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered the Gemtech fake can for my PS90 about two months ago from CMMG and i finely recceived UPS tracking number on shippent date for the fake can. Just by looking at the product its a first rate logical design which should not damage the barrel surface and provide a protective barrier for barrel. The fake can provides excellent cosmetic advantage over some of these funky airsoft shroud rail systems. :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used a MFI and I like it the set screws that hold it in place are rubber tipped as to not tear up the finish on the barrel. Its a Knight's Armament replica. I do like the Gem Tech copies though.
http://www.mfiap.com/

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size groups are U getting? It's not affecting accuracy (by having something weightedon the barrel)?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, anyone had theirs on long enough to fire 500-1000 rounds thru the gun WITH the fake silencer/shroud?

How's the accuracy? What's the barrel look like underneath when U take it off? Does it get scratched up over time?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I cant stand how the PS90 looks so it would either be the fake gem tech can or sbr. Those are the only options as far as I'm concerned. I got to play around with the gem tech one on a ps90 last week but I didnt get to shoot it. I cant imagine it would affect accuracy. The only weird thing it does is cover the stock flash hider. Other than that it doesn't do anything that should change its groupings. In temrs of the barrel getting scratched. It was designed not to do that however....mine would NEVER come off anyway so it wouldn't matter for me.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know I am an idiot, but I am super anal retentive about the finish on my guns. A guy I know jokes to me about my "museum pieces" all the time. I like the looks of that fake gemtech a lot. But if it does mar up the finish around the flash suppressor after using it, I'm gonna pass.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't like fake suppressors. I have nothing against those of you who have em. they just arn't for me. Personally I think the PS90 is one of the smartest designs and coolest looking firearms I've ever seen. No need to add more cool. IMHO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I know I am an idiot, but I am super anal retentive about the finish on my guns. A guy I know jokes to me about my "museum pieces" all the time. I like the looks of that fake gemtech a lot. But if it does mar up the finish around the flash suppressor after using it, I'm gonna pass.
Your not alone. Some people just take really good care of their things. I'm included. I don't even like to take off the plastic cover things that they put on electronics to protect the screens. My 4 or so year old IPOD still has it on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you were really worried about a few scratches on the flash hider they have replacement ones you can purchase, not to hard to install either, for if your gemtech scratches it or you bump something. 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
For U guys who have had the fake suppressors for a little while now, what's the latest word on them?

Still like them? Do U take them on and off? Do they scratch up the stock barrel a lot?
Not really but I DuraCoated my PS90 in Desert Tan and the Gemtec can too - if you want to keep your Duracoated barrel end clean - dont fire with can attached as it gets everything dirty... :oops:

Brad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts