Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HK45c

• P30

• P30L

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
I've never owned an HK but have always liked them. A couple weeks ago my friend picked up a 45 Tactical, as I was getting a feel for the gun working the slide gripping it and so forth I noticed something odd. The safety functions as a decocking lever.
Does anyone else find this odd? I mean the last thing I want to happen when flipping the safety to the fire position is the gun to decock.
I was kind of shocked by this since I'm a 1911 guy and with those your rake your thumb down til it stops to make sure it's ready to shoot. The HK however didn't require an excessive amount of force to bring it from safe to fire then traveling past to decock. Because of this I have seriously reconsidered any future HK purchases.

moonglorious61 said:
I've never owned an HK but have always liked them. A couple weeks ago my friend picked up a 45 Tactical, as I was getting a feel for the gun working the slide gripping it and so forth I noticed something odd. The safety functions as a decocking lever.
Does anyone else find this odd? I mean the last thing I want to happen when flipping the safety to the fire position is the gun to decock.
I was kind of shocked by this since I'm a 1911 guy and with those your rake your thumb down til it stops to make sure it's ready to shoot. The HK however didn't require an excessive amount of force to bring it from safe to fire then traveling past to decock. Because of this I have seriously reconsidered any future HK purchases.
Take a look at the different variants available for HK, they have a variant that's Safety only, no decock.

I took my new-to-me P7PSP to the range twice this week, first to just ring it out and see how she did, the second time to really try and get a feel for it.

This is the most amazing handgun I have ever had... It is very VERY accurate and easy to shoot. I'm a decent shot, nothing to brag about but no slouch, but with the PSP I amazed myself.

At about 30 feet or so, rapid fire, I was consistently getting about a two inch group. Taking my time and going slow it was more about an inch or less.

Now that's not gonna get me qualified for the olympics, but for a self defense gun it does make me feel very confident.

That was using plain old fmj target rounds.

I switched to a box of hotter defense rounds towards the end of the night and it remained very consistent, tighter when taking my time but more open with rapid fire (I assume due to extra recoil as well as fatigue setting in.)

I will be keeping my eye open for another P7 and am thinking about getting this one refinished.

I have to say that my MK23 is probably my favorite, however, it not very accommodating for ccdw obviously so my hk45 wins now :)

Furyataurus said:
Now THIS is what I'm talking about!!!

Let's see a 1911 do THAT!!!!! :-D
THAT IS SEXY!!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.