350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna say my personal favorite knife is the SOG seal pup

i have like five, and they are tough as nails

what about you guys, whats your favorite

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Each of my bug out bags have a standard KBAR in a leather sheath.

And a Kershaw Blackout serrated.

I'm sure there are better things out there, but these have worked well for me.

·
Banned
151 Posts
My favarite combat is the Applegate Fairbairn. The one I have was made by Black Jack. I also have a small A.G. Russel Sting that was made in 1977 that goes good in the back pocket. As far as general purpose I got a Cold Steel Tanto that I use the most.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
As i've said before I have alot of edged knives that I reaaly like but there are a few that I would never sell. This one is the one that I carried for most of my militay service.

It's a hand made bolo that I got while in jungle survival training.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Glock field knife (black without the root saw) for hunting or camping.
I'm considering the cold steel recon tanto as an additional outdoor knife.

In town or at work it's a variety of folders (spyderco, crkt, etc). Also currently trying out a small boot knife from Smith and Wesson.

·
Registered
520 Posts
swamp rat ratweiler, baby!

a little on the heavy side, but she's a hell of a chopper and all around handy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a Busse Badger Attack combat grade that is BADAZZ!!

Also have a Ontario RAT 7, Rat 3, Cold Steel SRK etc...

·
Registered
178 Posts
vulcan15 said:
My favarite combat is the Applegate Fairbairn. The one I have was made by Black Jack. I also have a small A.G. Russel Sting that was made in 1977 that goes good in the back pocket. As far as general purpose I got a Cold Steel Tanto that I use the most.
Man the original Sting looks so much better than the remake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are more collectors than battle knives, but the Mark II I have is definitely my favorite. Close second is my Emerson CQC-10 wave, and my Gerber LMF ranks fairly high as well.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
easy610 wrote:
Glock knife blade is too thick to cut well...
Why do you say that? The thinkness of the blade has very little to do with its ability to cut well. Now the ability of a given knife to hold an edge would make it more or less desireable. But the ability of a knife to cut well has more to do with the honer than the knife.

I find it also interesting that a few here picked double edged daggers. I agree that they look cool and sexy, but they have very little utility in the field.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My bad, I thought this thread was about Combat knives that could be used for Combat or general purposes in a combat roll.

You are correct that thin knives cut through some items better than others. For example: A scalpel cuts through tissue with fantastic ease, but no one would use it to cut down a sapling or tree branch with one.

As well as some types of edges are better suited than others for doing one task than others, like hollow ground, straight edges, chissel ground, serations, and wedge shaped to name a few. All of these have ther pro's and con's.

As I said, I must have misunderstood the nature of the thread. No disrespect intended.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
:eek:

:D :D :D

·
Banned
114 Posts
What's with the deletions?
Wondering that myself. I have a Strider GG SS with gunner grips. http://www.tadgear.com/edged tools/gg_ss.htm It does what it's suppose to and looks good while it's doing it. I used to use a Kabar D2 extreme but upgraded to the Strider. Before that, when I was a kid and didn't know any better I had (gasp) ... Cold Steels.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My old Satin Jack - really, really regret selling it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts