FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What your favorite pocket knife. I've always liked Microtech. I use to carry the Scom Elite(2nd from top)as a LEO but it' kinda big for jeans. Then I would carry the Ultra Tech(on Bottom). I love the auto in and out feature.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I really like Kershaws. The blades almost jump out of the handle. The Blackout 1550ST is my favorite but just about any of the Ken Onion designs would work. The prices are right, the knives are built well and tough, and they have a great warranty. I have one on me all the time, there is one in each pack I have in the cars, and I have a couple of new ones in my "junk" drawer at work and at home that I use to give away as gifts for Birthdays that I forgot. :oops:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
There is no way I could pick one knife as my favorite. I carry several all the time, and since I have a butt load of them I can't say that this ONE is my favorate.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I don't have a pic - but my fav is the Leatherman Micra. I've has swiss army knives since I was a teen. But I discovered this about a year or so ago. I love the size. Everything a swiss army knife has, and 1/2 the size.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Adosh"do those knives pictured at the bottom come straight up from the handle?
Yes they are both auto out the front. The bottom is a Ultra tech that is auto out and auto in button. The next up is a Exodus that is auto out but has a charging handle in the rear to pull it back in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Another vote for the Kershaw Ken Onion models....

My favorite and current everyday carry is a Leek, 1660 CGT. Reverse the pocket clip and it draws from your pocket perfectly placed in your right hand for quick opening.

If you haven't tried the assisted open (NOT auto knife...got an old Mel Pardue auto, but I don't want to carry that...too much $ for a pocket/work knife) you will be inpressed.

I like a knife that holds a decent edge, opens well, is light weight and not break the bank expensive. I use my knives. If they gte buggered "for the cause", thats fine with me. It a tool.

That said, I'd rather bugger a $50 knife than a $200 knife!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Regular carry for me is my CRKT Viele Wasp, or my Gerber Armor Tanto with a Buck Hartsook in my back pocket.

Hoenstly, what favorite? I like my Viele for its size and weight. It holds its edge decent, and I'm not afraid to abuse it a little. I like my Tanto for its heftiness.. and the emerson is my day off knife. Next knife to buy and carry will probably be a K-Bar Thorn.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Best pocket knife without question is the Strider SNG tanto point with a nightmare grind and tiger stripes. http://truenorthknives.com/tnk_gallery-c-STRMS8795.htm I carry one exactly like this but with a standard grind because a nightmare is impossible to find. I couldn't be happier with it.
I have carried Microtech OTFs for years and they are nice and all but you can't pry something with them and they require too much maintenance. I've actually been meaning to post my Scarab and Makora in the WTS section but haven't gotten around to it.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"moonglorious61"I've actually been meaning to post my Scarab and Makora in the WTS section but haven't gotten around to it.
Let me know when you do and post some pics cause I may be interested or send me a pm.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice knives Vulcan. I do like the MT autos I have seen but never been lucky enough to own.

Here's my ER Nemesis. Its a little big as shown with the 239 but its tough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my main pocket knife is a very old henkle/joyce three blade folder.the steel used for the blades holds an edge well, cuts everything I put it against and it is easy to sharpen.
it seems that knives float in and out of my collection. very few are protected from being sold. :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Couldn't pass the opportunity to plug the Ernest Emerson Wave. I have been carrying a tactical knives for about 10 years. About 5 yrs ago I purchased an Emerson Commander with the "wave" feature. It is the FASTEST FOLDER EVER!! Unquestioned. It is open when it comes out of your pocket. No need to hit a button, or activate a speed assist. :?

About a year ago, I saw that this feature was available on Spyderco's Endura and Delica models (Stamped w/emersons patent). I purchased both, and carried them through the summer.

The emerson was about $225

The Syperco's run about $65

That is a lot of knife for the money!

If that tiger stripe Strider had the wave feature, I might think about sellin' a gun to finance it...beautiful knife!

·
Banned
114 Posts
Before I got my Strider I was carrying an Emerson SOCFK http://www.emersonknives.com/EK_Exclsive_Designs.html#SOCFK with the "wave feature". To be honest I wasn't really a fan. It has a screw tight pivot which, if it was too loose, the blade would open up in your pocket and if it was too tight, it wouldn't open up at all. All I can say about that is STAY AWAY FROM SCREW PIVOTS!!! When closed it has a fairly ineffective ball detent lock up. In addition to that it has this really thin liner lock, which isn't very good, and a one sided grind on the blade so you can never flip the blade over because it's a flat black nothing. I will say though that it was razor sharp, kept an egde and was easy to sharpen. I think it would be ok as a combat back up if I needed to pry something open and didn't care if I snapped my tip off.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
dumapus said:
Nice knives Vulcan. I do like the MT autos I have seen but never been lucky enough to own.

Here's my ER Nemesis. Its a little big as shown with the 239 but its tough.
Nice setup :?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts