FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know.... I'm scratching my head and my wallet... Looks like I'm getting ready to order one right now. lol!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm finally done with my 17s, after all kinds of testing and changes.

I now want a 556 platform and was so close to getting the lwrc m6ic.
I like the AR platform for 556, really leaning towards a pws mk116.

They have an interesting long stroke piston system and it weighs 6lbs 9oz dry.
Either way, congrats on the m6, it's a great platform.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, my apologies, I should have put this in the black rifle forum. I lost control over the excitement I guess. I've got the black 17, and am jealous of you FDE owners lol. There are plenty to go around now. Especially in the Scar 16's. So sorry about the wrong forum, I'll use a little more self control next time. I guess the 17 area is my comfort zone on the forum. Either way, I love the rifle, will shoot it tomorrow, and post the opinions on black rifle forum for follow ups. I'm more of a 308 guy, got to get use to some .556 forums.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, it's 14.7 with pinned flash hider. I had contemplated on this for some time, and with the recent purchase of LWRC by Colt, thought maybe I'd get one of the last ones with an LWRC roll mark. It's seems to be a solid and tight fitting rifle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I was looking for a scar 17. I ended up with the M6A2 SPR. Fortunately for me, I knew my wife wanted an AR. I ended up giving her the LWRC so I could buy the scar. A deal I have never regretted and I still get to shoot both.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Looking forward to a range report. That's a fantastic looking rifle.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was an average deal I'd say, I like buying in person rather than online, although I think some firearms you know what you are getting and it's safe to get online. The FDE Scar 17 is one I'd really like to buy in person, the color configurations vary so much. But finding one in a store is tough. The lighting changes the way the colors look in pictures sometimes. I may have to bite the bullet and purchase it online though. I've got the black one, and lots of spare parts, so a second one in FDE, and a good scope will complete my desired 308 platform. But this LWRC is definitely something I've considered for a while. I still want the 16 too lol. I'm waiting for my shooting partner to get his act together right now. I'll post the first impression results late tonight or tomorrow in the black rifle section. The moderators probably should have given me a swat for posting in the scar 17 forum. It'll do me good to familiarize myself with that section any way....expand my horizons lol. Thanks for sharing in my excitement with this new rifle everyone. I was excited to post it up ! : )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts