FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine is a gold color, and I like it. But I think I'd like it regardless of the color, thing is a beast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Update:
I just received word from FNHUSA that they are processing my replacement. I can’t wait to see it. I will send picks when I get it.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
ronbo2958 said:
Update:
I just received word from FNHUSA that they are processing my replacement. I can’t wait to see it. I will send picks when I get it.
:?

That also tells me that more units hit the soil so we'll see some popping up in the market very soon.

:shock:

·
Registered
191 Posts
ronbo2958 said:
Update:
This is what I was told when I asked FN if they could swap my lower out with one that matched my stock:

Tim,
None of the different components Upper or Lower will Match as far as the Color.
The Upper is Anodized Aluminum, the Lower Fire Control Butt Stock are made of Polymer.
All are made at different locations.
I will try and call you later.

Thank you!

Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
703-288-3500 ext. 122
[email protected]
Friendly, but not what I wanted to hear. I was told that there was nothing they could do to help me. So, a few days later my dealer got another SCAR in that had a lower that more closely matched my stock. They swapped the lowers out for me.

My upper is OD green, but I like it. I just wanted the stock and the lower to match if I could get it to.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Here's what I got (a while ago). The first 16 displayed a damaged 1913 rail from the accelerometer, so I got rid of it, and then wound up with these two afterward.

·
Registered
772 Posts
NVaVettes said:
FDE: Flat, Dark, and Eclectic
Flat Dark Everything
No two adjacent parts allowed to match

I just think of it as "camo".....
NV, I like the way you think! :?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
UPDATE:
It's on a UPS truck it should arrive Thursday. I can't wait to see what I nend up with after the replacement.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
ronbo2958 said:
UPDATE:
It's on a UPS truck it should arrive Thursday. I can't wait to see what I nend up with after the replacement.
:? keep us posted!

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
ronbo2958 said:
UPDATE:
A black one. At least it will match!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't know that cool greenish color variation existed. Due to my personal budget limitations, I had to put my 17S in layaway. I did so with the rifle not even out of the box, box still unopened. I'm sure my dealer has seen it by now to verify it for bound book entry, but I still haven't seen it. I hope mine has the same color variation as the one in the OP. It reminds me of my MRE LWRCI M6A2
From a local shoot, my rifle with others:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
So I got to see, feel, more like fondle, a MK17s today. It was Sa-weeet!!! I was like... :mad:

It was very interesting to see how light it is. You think it would be heavier from the look of it.

It was the tan model, well more like brown, the upper matched the brown lower, I mean MATCHED!!! The next best thing, they had a MK16s that was identical. The pistol grip and stock was tan, didn't stick out too much.

Sorry, didn't have a camera with me. :p

I wanted to buy both, but no money to burn. :-(

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
SONYtec said:
So I got to see, feel, more like fondle, a MK17s today. It was Sa-weeet!!! I was like... :mad:

It was very interesting to see how light it is. You think it would be heavier from the look of it.

It was the tan model, well more like brown, the upper matched the brown lower, I mean MATCHED!!! The next best thing, they had a MK16s that was identical. The pistol grip and stock was tan, didn't stick out too much.

Sorry, didn't have a camera with me. :p

Now comes the big firearm sell of to get one! :? :-D

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
FullAssault said:
Now comes the big firearm sell of to get one! :? :-D
Nope. :|

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
Sony, did something change in your neck o' the woods - for the better? :eek:
Nope. :p

When I wrote this:

SONYtec said:
I was pretending that it was the only reason that I wasn't able to buy them.

They were expensive, and it is true I do not have any "free" money to burn, anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It's here!!!
Still a little green on the upper but the lower is more like with the rest. It's a keeper.
Photos of being welcomed to the family to follow soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
And all the forest animals gathered to view the arrival of the new little princess..

41 - 60 of 65 Posts