Votes: 20 69.0%
  • BLACK

Votes: 9 31.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the 4 FNX-45s I have played with, 2 black and 2 FDE, and my own black and FDE, the FDEs have/had sticky mags, while the blacks were perfect, curious if this is a pattern of sorts.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
It does not make any sense at all, but my department has 40+ black FNX45s with stainless sildes. These have all been trouble free.
We have only 2 FDE FNX45s. Both of these have had sticking mag issues, along with a few other issues.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I speculate that the FDE polymer has more to it than the black polymer. It could explain that the molding could be off just enough to cause issues with mags. My FDE tac will hang on mags if the frame is cold. Works fine when the frame is warmer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting poll, In a way it could have been nice if you placed 4 options. FDE with sticky mag. FDE without sticky mag. ect to get a idea of how many firearms have sticky mags compared to it being a non issue. Just a thought. But still intrigued to see what the results are

Jesse

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Just acquired an fnx 45t in FDE. Sometimes they stick and sometimes they don't. Then I discovered something, when I tap the mag release quickly they drop free and if I hold it down they tend to stick. My inner gunsmith will now have me fiddling until somebody post a genuine fix or explanation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm interested in this as well. Just acquired an fnx 45t in FDE. Sometimes they stick and sometimes they don't. Then I discovered something, when I tap the mag release quickly they drop free and if I hold it down they tend to stick. My inner gunsmith will now have me fiddling until somebody post a genuine fix or explanation.
If the mag sticks when you press the mag release but drops once you let it go a little, the mag release itself is binding against the mag on the inside. I had to Dremel the inner corners of my mag release to get them to drop as they should.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my FNX 45 non tac out in 15 F weather yesterday. Mags would NOT drop free. Will try some slip 2000 ewl which is supposed to operate in cold temps. If I cannot get it to drop mags/have release button return in cold temps, I will have to sell the gun. Its cold here well over half the year.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I doubt there's any correlation between color and sticky mag issue. FDE version just seems more popular in general. I have the FDE and it's got that problem. A buddy (gm535) has the FDE as well and his has no issue with drop free. I'm thinking one of these days I'm gonna to swap our pistols without telling him. :twisted:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most would agree, if you want to reload a mag fast, it should drop freely. AND the button should
Sent it in via fedex today. $93

Would have been nice if they sent a shipping label along with the return form.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Most would agree, if you want to reload a mag fast, it should drop freely. AND the button should
Sent it in via fedex today. $93

Would have been nice if they sent a shipping label along with the return form.
:\\/: Well, that is simply BS right there. $93 on top of the purchase price! EEEK! Would agree, a nice prepaid shipping label would have been in order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to hold off until I got it back before I mentioned this. I just got my FNX45T back from the factory for non drop free mags. It functioned fine for a little while, but I guess temperature got to it and it started sticking really bad.
I was worried after hearing all the stories on this forum. My experience has actually been pleasant.
The CS rep was rather pleasant gave me a shipping label, and instructions on what to do.
I got it back after about two weeks. It now drops them all smoothly using both sides of the mag release button.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts