FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATF Investigators Seized the Weapons as Part of a Probe Into Company's Deal With Sheriff's Office
By MARCUS BARAM
June 26, 2008

Federal agents raided an armory owned by security contractor Blackwater Worldwide in North Carolina and seized 22 automatic weapons owned by the local sheriff's office on Tuesday morning.

Federal agents raided a Blackwater armory in North Carolina and seized 22 weapons, including 17 AK-47s, according to the company.
(AP/ABC News)Investigators with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives searched the armory and requested to see the locker that contains weapons purchased by Blackwater but owned by the Camden County Sheriff's Office, Blackwater spokeswoman Anne Tyrell told ABC News.

Agents took 17 AK-47s and 5 Bushmaster XM15 E2S automatic rifles, according to Tyrell, who said that the raid was prompted by an ongoing investigation into a deal allowing the sheriff's office to store the weapons at the company's armory in Moyock, North Carolina.

The weapons, including 12 additional Bushmasters, were paid for by Blackwater but the ownership was then transferred to the sheriff's office which stored the weapons at the armory, as part of a written agreement signed by Blackwater CEO Gary Jackson and Maj. John Worthington of the sheriff's office in the summer of 2005, said Tyrell.

It is illegal under federal law for anyone but government agencies – military or law enforcement – to acquire and possess automatic weapons, with an exception for weapons purchased before 1986. Under some conditions, weapons dealers are allowed to buy automatic weapons for the purpose of demonstrating them to law enforcement agencies.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the title should be Thugs raid Blackwater

they are the victims of yet another fiasco by the BATF, a useless agency trying to justify their pathetic, unconstitutional, corrupt existence, that has caused far more damage than Blackwater over the years

Blackwater actually does constructive things 99% of the time, BATF like killing children

The ban of machine guns is unconstitutional in the first place

end of story

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a few questions. Why do cops in Camden County(population of around 600) have a need for (17) Full Auto AK 47's? Maybe the full auto AR-15's I could understand, but not the AK's. Also, who paided for these AK's? The taxpayers? Or did the cops buy them with their own money? I smell something fishy in this deal. Supplement income?

Abosh, I agree that the Full auto ban is BS, but as COPs are suppose to UPHOLD the law and not manufature it, they like us are not above it either.

Two other Blackwater guy's got caught selling FA weapons here in NC recently. I wonder if this is connected?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well i know it sounds fishy

but i know a handful of SOT/class 3 dealers who ran out of space in their home/business and store guns at rental lockers at shooting ranges, or at fellow SOT/Class 3 dealers

to tell you the truth i dont know if its illegal, but if the owner of blackwater usa is on the police FFL/SOT it is legal

who knows though it could be fishy and they could be doing some dirty stuff

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
sounds very dirty indeed...FA should be legal to own for upstanding, law abiding citizens

·
Registered
373 Posts
""The weapons, including 12 additional Bushmasters, were paid for by Blackwater but the ownership was then transferred to the sheriff's office which stored the weapons at the armory, as part of a written agreement signed by Blackwater CEO Gary Jackson and Maj. John Worthington of the sheriff's office in the summer of 2005, said Tyrell. ""

Nice community service by Blackwater for purchasing the guns for the police department, but I don't understand my they kept them.

It is beyond fishy what the reasons are behind this. I'm sure the Sheriff's Office would be more than capable of holding their own weapons.

·
Registered
630 Posts
maybe blackwater provided training and I am sure they have much better tools, ranges etc then the local leo office

·
Registered
373 Posts
That really does not explain why they would willingly buy automatic rifles for the Sheriff's office and then keep them within their own armory. It makes the weapons useless to the "intended" owner, who would probably have to get clearance to remove said rifles from the BW armory.

·
Registered
630 Posts
maybe they use them on BW training class till they can set up their own storage or range BW probarly has a huge vault. or maybe BW and the sherriff dept works together in a back scrath deal. what motivated the raid?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not that concerned about the (12) AR15 autos as I am the (17) full auto AK 47's purchased be the sheriff. What purpose are these for? And did the tax payers pay for them? You got some splaining to do, Lucy!

·
Registered
373 Posts
"The weapons, including 12 additional Bushmasters, were paid for by Blackwater but the ownership was then transferred to the sheriff's office which stored the weapons at the armory"

Blackwater bought all the weapons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts