FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A federal raid by agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives on a San Diego gun-parts store chain has prompted criticism that the primary purpose of the operation was to collect the names and addresses of customers.

Despite a temporary restraining order, ATF agents obtained a search warrant and raided four Ares Armor stores over the weekend, according to San Diego’s KSWB-TV.
The ATF, which went to a judge privately to obtain the warrant, said it was investigating alleged violations of federal firearms laws that stemmed from the sale of a new plastic version of the 80 percent lowers of AR-15 rifles.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/feds-now-taking-names-of-gun-parts-buyers/#lm8CcYvevr4T6cMu.99

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hope it turns out well for him.

Reactions: Donnie and P-Factor

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I respect him for the decision he made; it's going to take a long time and a lot of money & a judge to work through this & at the end of the day though I am not certain he can beat Mama at her own game? But I am rooting for him.

Hacksaw-I agree with your sentiment!

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Typical govt , offer a deal, then smack you down when you don't oblige !
I wonder what they were really after ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Encrypt everything, the drive, the data, etc. Doesn't stop them but makes it harder. Shut the computers down, hand them over with smile. Just be sure it's strong encryption like AES256 or public key (both still used by the NSA for many things). If you have to comply then make it more difficult.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts