FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Now that I have the stamp for my Specwar 762 can I was finally able to get it to the outdoor 100yard range. Even with only a TA33 on the rifle it was shooting LIGHTS OUT! Frankly it was grouping better than my AAC SD Rem 700....so I am thrilled in that aspect.

However, one thing I noticed was a real blast of gas in my face and eyes after each shot. Even with the gas system set to the suppressed setting. Frankly it was stinging my eyes behind my glasses. Is this normal?

thanks..

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah it definitely has some blowback. The first trip I took to the range with it was really bad but since then it really hasn't seemed as bad, or maybe I just got used to it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You may be able to install a smaller gas screw in it and see if it still cycles properly, that would help if you truly are over gassed.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
I have gotten my stamp for my saker 762, haven't made it to the rants yet-- interested in what you find out. Also- what rail extension is that?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Guys,

Now that I have the stamp for my Specwar 762 can I was finally able to get it to the outdoor 100yard range. Even with only a TA33 on the rifle it was shooting LIGHTS OUT! Frankly it was grouping better than my AAC SD Rem 700....so I am thrilled in that aspect.

However, one thing I noticed was a real blast of gas in my face and eyes after each shot. Even with the gas system set to the suppressed setting. Frankly it was stinging my eyes behind my glasses. Is this normal?

thanks..

Are you using the break or flash hider? I have the same can and want to use it on my 17.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
If over gassed you should see your ejection pattern change. you may have to try different screws to re-tune it for lack of better words.
I would use discretion while shooting the can.... unless you like cleaning. I believe I spent 4 hrs... and 2 of those was with a helper. I will admit that I probably over did it... ( 1500-2000 rds ).
Just some friendly advice. I really paid for all the good times.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not sure this helps but my 17 with the surefire legacy can and muzzle brake doesn't have much gas blow back. I run it on the normal setting as the suppressed setting caused some trigger (bump fire) issues. It's non exsistant compared to my fs2000 with the suppressor. image.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts