FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to shoot some of the incendiary 5.7x28 ammo produced by Wildeye111 over the past few weekends.

In a word - WOW!! :D

From a PS90 w/ a 16 inch barrel and a PS90 SBR, a nice bang and flash when the round hits a solid target. All the rounds fired performed as advertised.

A quality product from a great guy.

Thanks,

Hoover

·
Registered
356 Posts
What's it used for? Don't get me wrong, I sent him a PM about this same cartridge, but I'm curious what the point of incendiary ammo is? (not that the big bang and flash isn't enough, because it would be)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are military applications for rounds like this. I shot off more than a few 7.62mm NATO incendiary rounds when I was in the military (many, many, many years ago).

On the civilian rifle range, the round is simply NEAT.

The flash and bang when the round hits the target is impressive.

A friend and I shot off a few of Wil's incendiary rounds while some Garand shooters watched. They were pretty pleased with the effect.

Buy a box from Wil and stick it in your range bag for a special occasion.

Thanks,

Hoover

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awww... now see, Shipwreck, you've gone and taken all the fun out of it. LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Also, check your out door range rules.
IIRC Incendiary and Tracers are not allowed at my local outdoor range anymore.

My guess is some noob probably shot up a bunch of little walmart propane takes or something.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
About 6 months ago, I read an article about an indoor range that burned down. Seems that someone shot this kind of round into the back stop and it slowly caused a fire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wildeye's Subsonic Ammo is Awesome

Wildeye111 Subsonic Ammo is Awesome.
You have to try it to see for your self.
Very educated on information, good person to deal with.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Yes, he is still here - Click on that "BACA" banner at the top - it will take you to his sub forum on this site where he sells his goods.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: Wildeye ammo

Thanks for the cover Ship-

Just to clarify a little- my SS91 STP projectile nor the projectile of the SS190 are not a true AP round. The Federal definition of an AP projectile in the GCA of 68" which governs firearms and ammunition does not recognize a .22 caliber or smaller projectile as being capable of fully penetrating armor plating- not to mention mild 1/4 steel plate.
FN's labeling of their SS190 round is of their own preference. This is the reason why I have not adopted this inaccurate label.

Thanks for the interest anyhow-

Ronin8541 said:
Hey does anyone have the link or address for wildeye. Is he still making the AP ammo??

·
Registered
636 Posts
i been reading up on his ammo I am highly interested but the price is kinda high for one box on my budget
this is the wrong cailber for a budget........ every thing for the 5.7 is priced high.....
I had some from him good sht!

·
Banned
63 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but .223 is no longer "budget." Its very similar to your 5.7. Lucky to find it for under $6.50 for 20.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
you gotta shop around like i do i get 223 dirt cheap
example i got 400 rounds off ss109, and 50 cal can full of 55 grain 223 total from gunshops that had loose ammo in boxes for maybe 120 bucks total is i thought about how much i spent each time i went in

most of it was trade ins that came with the guns so the owner of the store pretty much had it in little bins on the floor i picked threw it and gave him a low ball ammount cash ( i claimed it was all i had on me each time) and since he didnt really pay for it he took it. i think i walked out with 267 rounds of ss109 for like 45 bucks
i got just 200 rounds of 55 grain 223, and 100 rounds of 76.2 belted, and 100 plus loose rounds of 308 (some where federal spot point) all for 80 bucks :D on i forgot and one 50 cal can as well in that last stop i check back in with him once a month to see if he got more loose ammo traded in with firearms. i will check with him next weekend when i get paid to see if anyone traded in anything as well ( i also check each round by hand if i dont like how it looks i wont get them) incase you wondered about the ammo either way i been super lucky lately the real test will be if i can get belted 50 cal ammo someone kept from the army and brought home he had some at one time but i didnt buy it and i regret it now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts