FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a rifle from Gunbroker which was delivered to a local FFL; I know because the tracking number shows him signing for it. He has sat on my rifle for two days now without making any effort to contact me. I've tried calling him but I get an answering machine every time. I don't want to make the trip unless he is going to be there. At what point do I start to get worried or am I over thinking it since I can be a pessimist at times.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Idk man if they do a lot of work they are busy. My Ffl will not call they say follow the tracking and show up. It's nice because I don't have to tell him I ordered something. Call em tomm worse comes to worse you drive out there.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
My FFL almost never calls. I usually show up the day after it arrives (if my chronic impatience lets me). Generally it's ready, and if not, they process it while I'm there.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
he is probably trying it out he will call you when he's done with it:-D
This is VERY POSSIBLE!!! Im convinced (in my mind at least) that I had an experience like this with a firearm I bought from GB and had it shipped to an FFL. Just like you I tracked it through the tracking info. It showed that he received it but I didn't get a call for two days. When I finally did and went to pick it up, the gun that I bought "brand new" looked as if it had been used. I get home and contact the GB guy and damn near cussed him out, but he kept ensuring that it was a new firearm and was never fired (His track record on GB was 100% clean with over 1k reviews). So me putting two and two together, I came to the conclusion that the FFL had taken it out for a ride..... Which sucked but at the same time I wasn't too pissed off, just wished he would have at least cleaned it off after :?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
This is VERY POSSIBLE!!! Im convinced (in my mind at least) that I had an experience like this with a firearm I bought from GB and had it shipped to an FFL. Just like you I tracked it through the tracking info. It showed that he received it but I didn't get a call for two days. When I finally did and went to pick it up, the gun that I bought "brand new" looked as if it had been used. I get home and contact the GB guy and damn near cussed him out, but he kept ensuring that it was a new firearm and was never fired (His track record on GB was 100% clean with over 1k reviews). So me putting two and two together, I came to the conclusion that the FFL had taken it out for a ride..... Which sucked but at the same time I wasn't too pissed off, just wished he would have at least cleaned it off after :?
I would be livid if that happened to me. I don't mind if my weapon was test fired at the factory to test function with factory ammo. Having some Joe Blow take my new firearm out and put rounds through it without my permission is unacceptable. I wouldn't want some random guys handloads or some Tula crap run through my new gun... Maybe I have a sharing problem :icon_evil:

On topic- My FFL usually calls me the next day to come pick up my stuff. One time they called me on the same day because they were slow.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My FFL does not even open the packaging until I arrive... Wouldn't have it any other way... We inspect it together.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is not my usual FFL since he was gone for the Holidays. The new guy does it as a side job so it's out of his home. I don't know when it would be a good time to just show up. If he would just give me a call back saying he's busy with his full time job I wouldn't be so anxious.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Where I live a FFL usually charges $50-$75 to do the transfer, etc.. Sounds like that couple bucks doesnt make it much of a priority...

If you want it, go get it! :th_bounce: Crack don't smoke itself!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
If it were me & my gun, I would be in his driveway waiting!

This is not my usual FFL since he was gone for the Holidays. The new guy does it as a side job so it's out of his home. I don't know when it would be a good time to just show up. If he would just give me a call back saying he's busy with his full time job I wouldn't be so anxious.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I've ordered a rifle from Gunbroker which was delivered to a local FFL; I know because the tracking number shows him signing for it. He has sat on my rifle for two days now without making any effort to contact me. I've tried calling him but I get an answering machine every time. I don't want to make the trip unless he is going to be there. At what point do I start to get worried or am I over thinking it since I can be a pessimist at times.
How was it shipped? I had a package recently (this past week) that showed delivered by the USPS when in fact it was only scanned at the local post office. The icy conditions here cancelled mail delivery for two days. Confirmed this with my postman today who said this is a routine issue with the USPS.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
How was it shipped? I had a package recently (this past week) that showed delivered by the USPS when in fact it was only scanned at the local post office. The icy conditions here cancelled mail delivery for two days. Confirmed this with my postman today who said this is a routine issue with the USPS.
This is no joke, in my area "delivered" actually means "your package is at the final post office." Which of course makes USPS delivery confirmation completely useless.

Especially if it is up to a weekend or a holiday, someone told me the post office workers get time-and-a-half if they have a large package load and have to come in on the weekend, and so leave packages piled up so they have an excuse to come in.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Your first problem is you are picking a guy who does it on the side out of his house.

Pick a local pawn shop or gun shop that charges a "reasonable" rate and befriend the guys.

Build a relationship & then you won't have to worry about stuff like this.

:Enjoy your new gun when you get it!:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I work part time for a buddy at his shop. We call people as soon as we long in the gun. There have been days that something comes in in the morning and it does not get logged till after lunch, it all depends on how busy we are. We NEVER wait 2-3 day and never shoot any of the guns. Shooting them is BS. $50-$75 to do a transfer. We need to raise our rates we charge $25 unless you are mil then it is $15.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Your first problem is you are picking a guy who does it on the side out of his house.

Pick a local pawn shop or gun shop that charges a "reasonable" rate and befriend the guys.

Build a relationship & then you won't have to worry about stuff like this.

:Enjoy your new gun when you get it!:
My FFL works out of his house and I have never had an issue. He doesn't even charge me to do a transfer but I normally "tip" him. But I buy guns through him and donate to Shriner's etc., etc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts