FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
don't know about the ccw....No they don't make a compact. Price varies...I saw a fnp40 at bass pro shop for 480.
Edit: as far as ccw...i couldn't imagine it would be any worse than a usp :?

·
Registered
735 Posts
The thing is big. I'm told with a Crossbreed Supertuck that it's manageable, though. I just got mine about a week ago and picked up a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB for it because I wanted something that day to put it in; it doesn't feel too insecure, but the grip does print pretty badly. Mind you, I don't carry (thanks to IL law), but I had to satisfy my curiosity.

Best price I've seen for it is $510 from CDNN, plus whatever you pay for an FFL transfer. I paid $510 shipped because they were offering free shipping at the time, but I'm pretty sure their shipping is flat rate and under $20. I would definitely do business with them again.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Man, I don't know how you stand being a gun guy in Illinois. I would go nuts. Not that I feel the need to carry that much, but the option (freedom) is nice.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh, but it's so safe up here, especially near Chicago, because nobody can carry. It's against the law, you know. :roll:

No, it really does suck. I'm toying with the idea of moving, but it's not a bad area to get into law enforcement, which is currently what I'm pursuing.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
raggededge said:
Oh, but it's so safe up here, especially near Chicago, because nobody can carry. It's against the law, you know. :roll:

No, it really does suck. I'm toying with the idea of moving, but it's not a bad area to get into law enforcement, which is currently what I'm pursuing.
Come up here to Michigan. Grand Rapids is having a big push for new cops recently because the pool of available officers is so low.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't really know enough about the pay, pension, or requirements up there to be able to comment on that. I do know that I would like to go west at least for a couple years, maybe Montana. I was even thinking of moving to Alaska just for the experience, but I don't know if I could handle that.

Sorry for getting off topic.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'll take the blame for the thread hijack. Back to the topic at hand. FNP-45 is a nice gun. A big nice gun.

·
Registered
735 Posts
B52U said:
I'll take the blame for the thread hijack. Back to the topic at hand. FNP-45 is a nice gun. A big nice gun.
Yes. Though I haven't had mine long, I thoroughly enjoy it so far. Concealment may prove difficult, however. I suppose it depends on your physical size and definition of "concealed".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guy's maybe i'll try something a little smaller for ccw. i have a g19
1911 colt, browning hp35, kel=tec, (iknow) i heard the new s&w mp c are
a good carry. --------

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gentlemen

I conceal carry my FN45 with an Uncle Mikes # 15 IWB holster even for a big gun this works well for me I am 5' 10 225 lbs and haveno problem will daily carry.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have the same holster, am 6'2", 220lbs, and there is no way I can pull it off. The grip prints very noticeably, even through two shirts and a flannel.

I'm still tempted to pick up a Crossbreed, though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
bophi, the FNP 9 or 40 would be a far better choice for concealed carry IMHO. I have a 40 as well as a 45 and I doubt that I could get away with using the FNP 45 concealed, but the FNP 40 would work. It's really about the same size as a CZ 75 compact (give or take).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I carry a 220 on a regular basis and a G 21 I am a big guy but these guns don't get in the way for me. Now due to the lack of current holsters I might suggest a shoulder rig if that's possible or a cross draw. Yeah I know there are not many holsters yet available. But There is a shoulder holster that I use for the G 21 and HK USP that should work very nicely with the FNP 45.
Here is a picture of it. It's $89.95. and made by a company just west of me here in St. Louis.
http://www.shootingsystems.com/cgi-...Code=SS&Product_Code=M/ASH-1&Category_Code=05

For guns the size of those I described use Size #8 They also make some great cases and various other things. These are good people who stand behind the products they sell. I would give this a look.

Have a nice Turkey Day.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I carry the .40 on a semi regular basis, and am a slim guy and so I have to be careful at times about printing the handle, but for the most part I can hide it really well. I doubt I could do that with the .45. If you're a bigger person you might be able to get away with it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have been carrying my FNP-45 more regularly in the last month due to colder weather in a High Noon Hidden Ally tuckable originally made for my Steyr M9 :? with newly acquired 15-round mag full of Win Ranger T 230 gr. JHPs and 14-round spare mag loaded with 14 American Eagle 230 gr. FMJ. It is easily concealable and the only reason it is heavy is the 16 rounds of 230 gr. ammo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts