FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aged eyes simply cannot focus on the PS90's factory BUIS. So, I had my 'smith install a rear red horizontal fiber optic bar and front green fiber optic dot on my new MagazineParts PS90 optics rails. Now all I need do is center the fuzzy green dot on top of the fuzzy red bar to be on target (I had the 'smith boresight the setup).
Tomac

ETA: See new fiber optic BUIS pic below.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Range report: At 50yds using SS197, a 6 o'clock hold and the green dot centered over the red bar I was dead-on w/one PS90 and slightly off w/the other (see diagram below, good thing I had my 'smith boresight while installing them). Bottom line: works better than I'd hoped and now I don't have to focus!
Tomac

1st PS90:
.....T
.....G
.RRRRR

2nd PS90:
.......T
.....G
.RRRRR

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx! I find it much more usable than the factory BUIS. If it looks offset in the pics it's because I got one of the early MagazineParts optics rails that is slightly offset (they offered to replace mine free of charge).
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShipWreck said:
Yea, I'm not seeing 'em now either... :?:
I've improved them, pics soon!...
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MagazineParts exchanged my early model rails w/the offset for new engraved rails (that's customer service!) and rather than do the dot/bar all over again I used premade fiber optic shotgun sights which needed only a little file work on the sides to get them to fit perfectly. Still has the same 50yd "zero" using SS197 but now I place the target on top of the fuzzy green dot on top of the fuzzy red dot. Works much better for me:
T
G
R

Tomac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts