FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into buying a 5-7 and all my googling of info and online reviews lead to various sites of this guy posting his blew up and injured his hand. Then I ended up here and you guys had all these threads on it but they were closed after everyone explained the failure was most likely from double charging homemade ammo and the original poster was supposed to reveal the results of the investigation. So my question is did the dude ever come back back and explain how his 5-7 blew up? If it was determined to be his fault you should make a sticky about it because his threads are all over the net and really bash FN and this firearm and it happened in 2012 and it still comes up when you goole Fn 5-7! If I hadn't come here and read the full 6 page thread I was def not going to buy one. It has to be bad for business. Anyways if the moderators ever found out the final result please PM me then delete this post. Thanks in advance.

FNX45 guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I forgot my other question. Is it safe to use aftermarket 30 round clips with this gun?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have been looking into buying a 5-7 and all my googling of info and online reviews lead to various sites of this guy posting his blew up and injured his hand. Then I ended up here and you guys had all these threads on it but they were closed after everyone explained the failure was most likely from double charging homemade ammo and the original poster was supposed to reveal the results of the investigation. So my question is did the dude ever come back back and explain how his 5-7 blew up? If it was determined to be his fault you should make a sticky about it because his threads are all over the net and really bash FN and this firearm and it happened in 2012 and it still comes up when you goole Fn 5-7! If I hadn't come here and read the full 6 page thread I was def not going to buy one. It has to be bad for business. Anyways if the moderators ever found out the final result please PM me then delete this post. Thanks in advance.

FNX45 guy
Nothing was ever made public about the result of that incident.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You should buy one,they are awesome guns. I wouldn't worry about that guy blowing his hand up. Buffman is the official spokesperson for this caliber. If you are super careful you can reload it. We have a few people here doing it. For the most part fiocchi does a decent job with the ammo. All of the mil or Leo ammo is made by fn. I've owned a 5-7 for 3 years now. It hasn't blown up yet. Many others will chime in.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Safe, yes, reliable, maybe.They're not always as reliable as the OEM magazines without some work. Plastic flash and rough spots can catch the follower at the mating point is the usual problem and the Pro Mag spring can also be an issue.

Oh I forgot my other question. Is it safe to use aftermarket 30 round clips with this gun?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts

FNX45 guy
It was the result of an unsafe handload.

This round will bite you in the butt, or this case hand if you don't know what you're doing or not careful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.