FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all...i was pulling my hair out trying to decide between the fde or black....since i was able to get the black with 5 mags vs the fde with one mag...i went with the black...i hope i dont regret the choice...

·
Registered
419 Posts
hello all...i was pulling my hair out trying to decide between the fde or black....since i was able to get the black with 5 mags vs the fde with one mag...i went with the black...i hope i dont regret the choice...
It depends on how much price difference there was between the two guns. If you paid more than $40 for each mag after all was said and done, you laid out more than you should have.

As far as regretting color, I'll say that black gets really hot if you shoot outdoors in the summer. I've got several ARs that can get too hot to handle if they've been laying in the sun for 5min or so. Spray paint solves that problem nicely.

·
Registered
505 Posts

You will.:mrgreen:

First off No Entry into the Elite FDE Brotherhood Gentlemans Club. (Click on photos for full effect)
rachel-williams.gif qcVlQJ.gif scarlett-9.jpg Inside the club.
Shooting-buns-jiggle.gif Private shooting range out back of the Club

7pFPL.gif This was the Black SCAR Brotherhoods attempt at a Gentlemans Club. How is it working out for you guys? I hear its pretty popular amongst there members...........

·
Registered
505 Posts
The Black SCARS are very nice indeed. Glad you were able to get a few extra free mags.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the SCAR!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It depends on how much price difference there was between the two guns. If you paid more than $40 for each mag after all was said and done, you laid out more than you should have.

As far as regretting color, I'll say that black gets really hot if you shoot outdoors in the summer. I've got several ARs that can get too hot to handle if they've been laying in the sun for 5min or so. Spray paint solves that problem nicely.
since im in california...prices are a little high...a local gun shop has the fde for $2800...with tax and transfer fees..its about a little over $3000....the other shop with the black one gave me the same price out the door with 5 mags.....i couldnt say no to the extra mags...its like paying the tax for the mags........i like black little more but i could see why people like the fde more...looks pretty damn cool...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hell yes to the 17!:? Welcome to the BABRA! It's very prestigious.

·
Registered
660 Posts
since im in california...prices are a little high...a local gun shop has the fde for $2800...with tax and transfer fees..its about a little over $3000....the other shop with the black one gave me the same price out the door with 5 mags.....i couldnt say no to the extra mags...its like paying the tax for the mags........i like black little more but i could see why people like the fde more...looks pretty damn cool...
Nice!!! Congrats! Where in CA? I'm in Nor Cal :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sanman023,

Enjoy the new SCAR, color is irrelevant for non-Mil/LEO users and it sounds like you got a good deal. Now for the ammo...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts