FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After E-filing on October and waiting only 3 months for approval I finally am able to have both my cans. The e-filling system dropped my approved form for the Octane and it took until now for the dealer to get an approved form emailed to him from the ATF. They are the SilencerCo Sparrow and Octane 9 on a ruger SR22 and M&P 9 core. I'm excited to try the Octane out! I've had the sparrow for about a month and it is awesome! I'm just excited I finally get to show off my cans after waiting years to get them. Once, it gets warmer I am going to do a video with a pellet handgun, the Sparrow on an SR22 and the Octane on another SR22 for comparison since I haven't seen too many videos putting the Octane on a 22 gun.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am glad I got into my house and job just in time to do the eForm and get these. Now I just need to submit and pay for an SBR lower so I can change my 9mm AR pistol to a rifle. As always, Go Bucks!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats!

Patiently waiting my cans. Only 10-11 months more hopefully?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sparrow is awesome, I was very pleased when I finally got to shoot it myself as opposed to a demo. Now I just need my Ruger American Rimfire to come back from being threaded. And save for an MP5 for my Octane!

Sent from a Droid Maxx on Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So, I did get out today to shoot about 50 rounds through my M&P9 and the Octane. I'm pleased but had a surprise. I handload 124gr copper plated 9mm bullets which I've shoot through an octane 9 once before as a demo and they were subsonic consistently. Today, as it is about 40-45* outside they were going transonic and I didn't realize it right away. In fact I was a little bit disappointed until I grabbed my 147gr loads for use in a rifle and tried them. That was when it occured to me that they were going transonic, and the can sounds awesome when the rounds are subsonic.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! It's stock unthreaded, at the time I bought the gun there wasn't a threaded version and I wanted something like the p22 that could be removed so you wouldn't even know it's threaded. I sent the slide and barrel to JP grips for threading and an adapter. It came back very nice and perfectly threaded.

Sent from a Droid Maxx on Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Congrats! Nice to see another Columbus guy on here. I'm also waiting on 2 cans that I eFiled, should hopefully get them in May. We should have a central Ohio supressor shoot. Know anybody with a good piece of property? Shooting a can at the local range is almost a waste since everybody else is making so much noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts