FN Herstal Firearms banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
BBG, congratulations! I tried an Aimpoint H1 and an EOTech 512 on my tuna. Finally went with the 512 and added a G33 but you really can't go wrong with either. By year's end I should have the "ultimate" accessory build for the FS2000. I've been waiting to post pictures of my baby until I have that to show off.

With so many Ohio / Central Ohio FN and specifically FS2000 owners around here we need to put on a, "bring out your FN toys" day at one of the ranges around here.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm struggling a bit; I don't mind spending the money just want to get it right the first time. The SCAR 17 has a 1.5x6 ELCAN, The SCAR 16 has Eotech 553 with G33 manifier, the PS90 has the H1 and I'm not sure which direction to head?

Part of me wants to go all out and pick up a ELCAN 1.5x6 with the 5.56 reticule but the thing is a tank & I don't want to effect balance. So then I lead back towards weight and CQC maneuverability and think H1 again....

What are your thoughts?
My:

SCAR 17s SBR has iron sights
SCAR 16s SBR has iron sights
FS2000 has iron sights....

I recommend iron sights!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Gung-yes, I agree we need to organize something here locally in 2014.

Checkout gunbroker - posey gun & pawn out of Cleveland, TN & the owner is Terry. Call him and tell him LESTER from MI told you to call. Great guy with lots of FN stuff on gunbroker.

BBG, congratulations! I tried an Aimpoint H1 and an EOTech 512 on my tuna. Finally went with the 512 and added a G33 but you really can't go wrong with either. By year's end I should have the "ultimate" accessory build for the FS2000. I've been waiting to post pictures of my baby until I have that to show off.

With so many Ohio / Central Ohio FN and specifically FS2000 owners around here we need to put on a, "bring out your FN toys" day at one of the ranges around here.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Gung-yes, I agree we need to organize something here locally in 2014.

Checkout gunbroker - posey gun & pawn out of Cleveland, TN & the owner is Terry. Call him and tell him LESTER from MI told you to call. Great guy with lots of FN stuff on gunbroker.
Lester sure does get around ! LOL
BBG, here is my current set-up, only missing a sling. I have had different sites on it, finally settled on this , however a T1 w/ Aimpoint magnifier would work for me also. I seem to want the magnification due to my eye's astigmatism ( shooting eye only ... bummer ) but the mag helps clear up the reticle. Also I consider the FS2K as having a dual capability ( it is accurate ) with the .223/5.56 round. Mine is good for close quarters & shooting out to 100yds at least ! As opposed to the PS which has severe bullet drop for longer distances. Mine may not be balanced but .... I'm OK with it , in fact I'm going to shoot it today just for good measure !
I have the KAC VFG, I like the thin broomstick type. The K9 barrier support, and the FN tri rail. I like it this way... the only drawback ( to me ) is the darn Tri rail always is dinging up my other guns in the safe. I finally put some rail protectors on and cover it with a draw string helmet bag .

BBG...Took this pic just for you.... plus I wanted to shoot it today ! Snow or no snow.... If I'm on vacation.... I just wear my snowmobile gear to the range ! May look the fool but I assure you I'm not the 1st to go home, plus I shoot with my thin welding gloves & black facemask ! There may be something wrong with me ? Jury is still out, on that 1 !
One more thing .... Brownels for mags...

View attachment 21887

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
mj...as always I am listening to you and thank you very much for the info below bud. The picture wouldn't load for me - - something about administrator error? I will check back to see if the pic will load. Thanks again my friend.

Lester sure does get around ! LOL
BBG, here is my current set-up, only missing a sling. I have had different sites on it, finally settled on this , however a T1 w/ Aimpoint magnifier would work for me also. I seem to want the magnification due to my eye's astigmatism ( shooting eye only ... bummer ) but the mag helps clear up the reticle. Also I consider the FS2K as having a dual capability ( it is accurate ) with the .223/5.56 round. Mine is good for close quarters & shooting out to 100yds at least ! As opposed to the PS which has severe bullet drop for longer distances. Mine may not be balanced but .... I'm OK with it , in fact I'm going to shoot it today just for good measure !
I have the KAC VFG, I like the thin broomstick type. The K9 barrier support, and the FN tri rail. I like it this way... the only drawback ( to me ) is the darn Tri rail always is dinging up my other guns in the safe. I finally put some rail protectors on and cover it with a draw string helmet bag .

BBG...Took this pic just for you.... plus I wanted to shoot it today ! Snow or no snow.... If I'm on vacation.... I just wear my snowmobile gear to the range ! May look the fool but I assure you I'm not the 1st to go home, plus I shoot with my thin welding gloves & black facemask ! There may be something wrong with me ? Jury is still out, on that 1 !
One more thing .... Brownels for mags...

View attachment 21887

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
21 - 32 of 32 Posts