FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the Scar a month ago finally had time to test it today. 12 above zero out and it performed flawless, what a beast, 1"groups at 100 yards with a crappy Barska scope I tossed on. Is there any break in reqiured in the beginning. I used Federal thru it and no problems accept for reloading mags with your bare hands in 12 degree temps.This thing makes my AR-15 feel like i'm firing a BB gun!
Thanks.

scar17.jpg

·
Registered
820 Posts
You done good. I'll venture range time in the low 40 degrees, but one hand can't tolerate freezing temps.
Congrats on enthusiasm, and bravery on using that Barska.
Suggestion...get it off the Scar , soon, before that Barska , blows apart; the laughter & ridicule , while shooting next to unfamiliar folks , will end too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it off my kids .22AR, I use an EOtech and magifier on my AR-15 but wanted to get a little farther downrange. Hmmm anyone want to trade a 512 Eotech for a Leopold?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats on the SCAR If you are gonna shoot to a hundred yards I'd suggest a after market trigger before a scope, the SCAR is 2 different guns when you get that 10lb trigger in a box marked do not open till hell freezes over.

Reactions: Sgt shrOOmy

·
Registered
123 Posts
:xONLY ONE BREAK IN PROCEDURE REQUIRED. PEEL OF YOUR BAR CODE:biggrin:
I wasnt sure at first to peel or not to peal, it looked so official with it on there

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as the sticker, I live in a communist county and wasn't sure if I should,there are more numbers on it than on the gun.The trigger is heavy and gritty as well,I wasn't sure if was the cold or that is how it is.(the gritty part)
what is the replacement trigger most of you guys recommend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As far as the sticker, I live in a communist county and wasn't sure if I should,there are more numbers on it than on the gun.The trigger is heavy and gritty as well,I wasn't sure if was the cold or that is how it is.(the gritty part)
what is the replacement trigger most of you guys recommend.
there are several threads about scar triggers it boils down to 3 geiselle timney and shootingsight, just search scar triggers and you'll have more info than you can shake a stick at good luck

I invested in the Geiselle and never looked back, like a glass rod 2lbs second stage

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I wasnt sure at first to peel or not to peal, it looked so official with it on there
With the sticker on it just looks like a rifle being rented, with the sticker off - its obvious that its owned.
The sticker can be stuck on the rear of the owners manual where it belongs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is about taking off something the factory put on. If you like it on leave it! Heck, I met 4 of the FNH 3 gun team and they all had the barcodes on their rifles. Again, it's not like other factory engravings on barrels and receivers that I'd LOVE to be able to take off and can't. I personally like the extra white on it. It's not like it's a bright pinks sicker or something.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Stickers are deemed as white mold.
A proper cleaning will cure it.

Super choice... 17s
Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts