·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Awesome! Congrats.

Reactions: sldcountry

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Congrats! The wait will be tough, but at least you have the pistol in hand to use. I have the SBR model sitting in NFA jail right now. Maybe in a couple months I'll get to see mine again.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
SLDCOUNTRY, how easy or hard will it be to just add a stock on it once the stamp come back? Is that an easier route then getting the carbine and chopping the barrel? Im unsure how that would work, and at one point I was thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SLDCOUNTRY, how easy or hard will it be to just add a stock on it once the stamp come back? Is that an easier route then getting the carbine and chopping the barrel? Im unsure how that would work, and at one point I was thinking about doing it.
You buy the pistol add the stock yourself somewhat easily from what I have researched. Buy the carbine you just about have to send it to kriss to be done. Also the CS at kriss gave me quotes both ways and the pistol route is easier and cheaper if you have them to do it. All in all the pistol route is cheaper weather you do it or they do it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Not sure how you would add one
So you can bypass the SBR stamp or at least have some sort of support while you wait 8 months for your ticket to freedom.

I believe there was someone making AR buffer tubes/adapters that fit onto the back of the Kriss (don't think they folded though).

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You buy the pistol add the stock yourself somewhat easily from what I have researched. Buy the carbine you just about have to send it to kriss to be done. Also the CS at kriss gave me quotes both ways and the pistol route is easier and cheaper if you have them to do it. All in all the pistol route is cheaper weather you do it or they do it.
Sounds easy enough! Maybe in a few months after my fund replenish I will get one.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you can bypass the SBR stamp or at least have some sort of support while you wait 8 months for your ticket to freedom.

I believe there was someone making AR buffer tubes/adapters that fit onto the back of the Kriss (don't think they folded though).
I like the idea of the brace to use on it until the stamp comes in. Let me know if you figure out who makes the adapter. Was planning on picking up a sig arm brace anyways to build a shorty ar-15 for a travel/truck gun.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Let me know if you figure out who makes the adapter.
It was some guy on YouTube with a Kriss rifle. Dunno if he made any besides the one he had/made.

Was planning on picking up a sig arm brace anyways to build a shorty ar-15 for a travel/truck gun.
KAC is running a closeout on their .300 uppers. A brace with a 9" .300 would be my choice for a home/truck gun. No money though :idea:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I SBR'd my Vector on my own in addition to reworking the Ejector port ramp and the feed ramp as these little guys have a tendency to stove piping brass.... After the work it has been very reliable and fun, Great little gun to run CQB course with.Plus it makes feel like a King Pwner from Call of Duty Duh......
~Jrod. DSC03694.JPG DSC03693.JPG

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Congrads...
I have been eye balling 1 since last year, have heard the of the stove pipe issue & also the dirty gun issue... After you get to put it through it's paces let us know if those are common place or internet tripe. Did watch a F/A rental one run before looked awesome to me.
I'm not a " gamer " but to me that is my idea of a sweet toy.... kind of like some of my FN's...
I guess now would be the time to start collecting the large cap glock mags....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts