FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine a few days ago and I'm just now getting around to really checking it out. I field stripped it and while putting it back together, I noticed that the o-ring on the firing pin retaining pin is bunching up and coming out of the hole. I assume this is no big deal and the o-ring is just to help keep it in place, not actually seal anything. Am I on base with this, does anyone else have the same issue with theirs? I also want to know if the pin is recessed enough, it's not entirely flush and I don't want to beat it in. The pics should be evident of what I'm referring to. Thanks in advance.

scar1.jpg scar2.jpg scar3.jpg

Reactions: Goldngun

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently the search function does work for some things here. I think that my questions were answered from an older post by milspec. It is seated correctly and I'm not concerned about the o-ring as much. I'm just looking forward to shooting the hell out of it. I am staying light on the mods for now, just an Ergo grip, stubby Tango Down vert grip, cheapo sling, and some mags on the way.

Reactions: Green Beret

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Apparently the search function does work for some things here. I think that my questions were answered from an older post by milspec. It is seated correctly and I'm not concerned about the o-ring as much. I'm just looking forward to shooting the hell out of it. I am staying light on the mods for now, just an Ergo grip, stubby Tango Down vert grip, cheapo sling, and some mags on the way.
Yeah the retaining pin will stick out a little bit so no worries. As far as the O ring is concerned I would just order up a spare and call it a day. Congratulations on your 17!

Reactions: mrcharlie

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the club - now you need a SCAR 16 to complete the set!:?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a few rounds through here earlier today, PMC 147 gr. I went with a 200 yard zero at 50 yards and it was about 2 inches high at 50. I didn't have much time to mess with it and I forgot to take a front sight tool. I also changed the charging handle to the right side, it just feels more natural to me. Next time I will take more ammo and spend some time at 100 yards. The windage was good, I just need a little work on the elevation.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Enjoy the 17, MC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts