FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Came with new Eotech XPS2 (Going on my PS90 SBR)
Time to start upgrading (Geiselle, PMM, Vltor) and saving for an optic. I've read so many Scar 17 optic threads my brain hurts. Want short to medium range so have been looking at Acog, Vcog, Leupold Mk6, Elcan, U.S. Optics SRc8, and a few others. Anyways really excited to get out and shoot it. I'll sell back my unused vacation in January and buy optic so I have plenty of time to decide. Going to set it up otherwise just like my 16.

Thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice Pair! If I were you, I would put that stock on the 17 and take that Eotech and put it on the 16. Make the 16 run and gun, and 17 benched. Nice guns!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking duo!::!!!::
Ditto, welcome aboard. The Geissele Super Scar trigger would be my first mod. May I suggest an optic with more magnification than the VCOG or ACOG.I started out with a Leopold Mk 6 1-6X20 the found out I need more magnification to reach out past 300 yards. Since my eyes need help I ended up with the Bushnell Tactical Elite FFP ERS 3.5-21X50 scope. Sine the SCAR 17S is so light the additional scope didn't bother me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Scar 17! :shock:

I share your optics dilemma...

I know you can't go wrong with Leupold and the Mk6 3x-18x 44mm weighs 23.6 ounces: Leupold Optics Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5C2 - | Leupold Optics

But I I like the looks of this 22.6 ounce 3x-24x 42mm FFP March brand scope because it is a wider range of magnification at a little less weight, but I don't know much about them except they are expensive: Tactical 3-24 x 42 FFP

I like the looks of this triangle dot Trijicon duel illuminated RMR, but I haven't tried one and I don't know anyone who has: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM08G

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Congrats!!!

Nice pair, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats, just picked up mine today.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all!

My 16 was already set up and I have a Geiselle in it, so one of my first upgrades will another Geiselle.

The Eotech won't stay on the 17. It could go on my 16 but I like my T-1 on the 16 also, so it will probably end up on my PS90.

Thanks for the input on scopes. I keep going back and forth on them. I'm glad I have time to decide since I have to save first lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats! Like most said, I'd go with a super scar trigger first. As far as optics go, I'd go with an elcan 1.5-6. Couldn't be happier with mine, but I wish I could peek through a Kahl.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts