FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my scar 17 last Thursday and I ordered 1000 rounds of that Seneca 7.62 nato from ventura munitions now I am the happiest SOB on the planet I consider myself a ak guy I've built 9 so far but this scar is my official SHTF rifle now I just need some optics and deal on some mags and if anyone from the CA doj is reading this I swear the mag in this pic is pinned:wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Congrats on the 17!

Reactions: NOMADCHRIS

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats! I'll admit I'm not an AK fan at all, so it probably won't come as a shock when I say that I think you've made a good move upscale with your SCAR 17S! Have fun and welcome!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Now it's been disputed about which is more reliable and accurate, FDE or BLACK. That argument will continue, but after reading some recent forum posts of BIG boar and bear taken with the SCAR 17, I can definitely say the BLACK is MORE POWERFUL !!! Congrats on the new 17 !!! : )

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
horseman i'm looking at the nightforce 2.5 10x32 with a green dot but i'm open to suggestion i'm new to accurate rifles past 300 yards as I usually only shoot ak's I had a sig 716 but it was a lemon and I had a ptr 91 but its was to big and bulky I would like a optic for 100 to 800 yards

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
horseman i'm looking at the nightforce 2.5 10x32 with a green dot but i'm open to suggestion i'm new to accurate rifles past 300 yards as I usually only shoot ak's I had a sig 716 but it was a lemon and I had a ptr 91 but its was to big and bulky I would like a optic for 100 to 800 yards
Congrats on the new 17, a drastic step in the right direction from the AK, however I would never not own a AK or five. Your glass interest is a solid one. That was one in the running for my 17, but opted to give the Vortex 3.5-10x32 a shot and must say I'm pleased w/ it. Its the first, FFP optic I've owned and for the price I think it is as good as the ones w/ double the tag. Just one to look at if you haven't considered it. In the end go with what makes you satisfied. Lots of good stuff out there ! BTW is your avt. a pic of your scooter ? :?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
boomslang that's not my scoot I wish it was that's what I do for a living I build custom scoots that was a all stainless steel frame chop jesse james built

1 - 19 of 19 Posts