FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate, I finally figured out what I wanted and made a purchase from Buds Gun Shop for a FNP45 with the stainless finish. I was able to find out answers to my holster questions. OWB will probably be Black Hills Leather and IWB will probably be Crossbreed. I have one remaining question that I know someone here will have an answer for. I was on Midwayusa and saw some ammo deals there. I want to do a breakin shoot by shooting at least 250 rounds ($ limiting). What ammo should I use for it based on others experience. There were so many options out there. Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Winchester 230 gr FMJ in white box.
Are some the cheapest ($14.99 per 50) around here and shoot well.

CCI blazer shoots well too and it is the same price around here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I checked the local wally world and they have the winchester white box ammo for $30/100 Rds. Seems reasonable. Gander Mtn has a 250 rd remington mega pack for $99. They should be of equal quality right? Both reputable manufacturers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know 9mm Remmy shoots pretty dirty. I prefer WWB.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ditto FRAN and VH... For 'break-in' and targeting you can't go wrong ($$ or quality) with the the WMT Win Whites... Its good, clean ammo at a good $$... wouldn't waste my time doin' any more lookin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts