FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally picked up my Five seven, Going to take it out tomorrow morining. Cant wait to got shoot it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Congrats. It can take a couple of trips for some people to get used to the trigger. So, give it time.

Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You're going to love the recoil and magazine capacity! post some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
horse9640 said:
You're going to love the recoil and magazine capacity! post some pictures when you get a chance.
they have recoil?LOL just kidding. VERY little. there's nothing like it. nice powerful round, comfortable feel, a MASSIVE fireball with each shot and accurate enough to knock a tick off a pile of poo! :?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup just got back from shooting, recoil is so light on this thing. I love it. Its so easy to let off 3-5 rounds within seconds. I just need to adjust the sight. I have to aim about 4 inches high to hit dead center. Comparing the 5.7 to the HK 40 USP, and CZ97 This 5.7 is so better.
So far best gun I have shot. I had to go hunting for my casings. This thing launches them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ss-195 will fly a little higher than 197. what i normally do is have it set for ss 195 at maybe 7 yds. if i choose to switch to 197, i just aim a little higher.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
If you don't want to adjust your sights a few clicks down for SS197, you can also try this (sorry for the crude pic, Glock sight picture was the only one I had).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmm, I should have remembered forum member/friend MrNuke suggested that a ways back. Sort of make a triangle using 197. I'll try that next time. Thank you!! :?

·
Registered
73 Posts
truehuntersupply said:
. I had to go hunting for my casings. This thing launches them.
You said it! LOL. I attend two ranges where it is nearly impossible to collect my brass. One is an indoor range. The entire stall is diamond plate steel...so it bounces right off and flies downrange! Another is an outdoor range. It just flings them out three feet out forwards hehe. During a cease fire/target change, I scope the grounds for loose casings! A lot of people re-load this round! Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most enjoyable gun I have shot, My AR is going to be forgotten... Yeah the casings get airborne. I had to hunt for them 3 stalls down in the bushes. Got me about 200 of the 300 I shot. Now I need to get a big stash of them and figure out what to do with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked one up on trade. The young man had a mishap and double charged a load. Yep, the infamous FN Five Seven Blowup. I got his replacement FN sent him. :D Too bad it wasn't a IOM.

Glad you're enjoying the pistol. I have yet to get out and shoot mine, but your enthusiasm makes me want to go shoot. :cool:

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You must go shoot, I have no way in stashing ammo. I get ammo and I go shooting. I wish I could have at least 2000rds stashed but at the way things are not going to happen. O well... Have fun with it. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts