FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course that's what I said the last time, and the time before that... Whenever the suppressors show up I'll probably be saying it again!

13" FN SCAR 17S: Geissele Gen1 SST, Magpul Selectors, MIAD, Leupold MK6 w/ LT745, Tango Down Hyperion stock latch, extended side rails, SCAR panels and vertical stubby. Insight PEQ-15, Surefire M600C w/ LT752, SR-07-D-IT and SF3P flash hider. Atlas BT10 w/ LT271 and Blue Force Gear padded VCAS w/ UWL.

I decided to drop the VLTOR CASV rail for the time being. The ergonomics and weight savings were great but I don't want to sacrifice quick barrel change capability now that I'm running a shorty.

Both setups now have identical manual of arms which helps immensely when switching between the two.

10" FN SCAR 16S: Geissele Gen1 SST, Magpul Selectors, MIAD, Aimpoint T1 w/ LT660, Tango Down Hyperion stock latch, extended side rails, SCAR panels and vertical stubby. Insight PEQ-15, Surefire M600V (KM3) w/ LT752, SR-07-D-IT and SF3P flash hider. Blue Force Gear padded VCAS w/ UWL.

My humble arsenal continues to shrink, but the few weapons I do own have become much more personalized according to the way I like to employ them.

If there's anything to take away from this it's the realization that you are never truly "finished." For as long as I continue to learn and shoot my weapons choice and gear selection will continue to evolve and develop alongside that experience.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
They look good!

Duracoat?

·
Banned
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duracoat?
Nope, just regular Krylon: sticks good, comes off easy, and it's cheap to repaint whenever you want.

No need for optics on the uber accurate Black SCAR.
Lol. Can't decide whether I want to try out a EXPS on the 10" and bump the Aimpoint over or just get another T-1 for it. The whole point of saying "I'm done with this" is so I can move on to spending money on other things, but seems that never quite works out the way I had hoped.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Damn! That's a nice collection Kalmar!:?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sweet! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks f'n sick!! I hate paint jobs on scars and would never do it to mine but yours looks very sexy. Where did you get the peq's and how much??? I have really really really been wanting to add one to my scar, its a match made in heaven haha

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Of course that's what I said the last time, and the time before that... Whenever the suppressors show up I'll probably be saying it again!

13" FN SCAR 17S: Geissele Gen1 SST, Magpul Selectors, MIAD, Leupold MK6 w/ LT745, Tango Down Hyperion stock latch, extended side rails, SCAR panels and vertical stubby. Insight PEQ-15, Surefire M600C w/ LT752, SR-07-D-IT and SF3P flash hider. Atlas BT10 w/ LT271 and Blue Force Gear padded VCAS w/ UWL.

I decided to drop the VLTOR CASV rail for the time being. The ergonomics and weight savings were great but I don't want to sacrifice quick barrel change capability now that I'm running a shorty.

Both setups now have identical manual of arms which helps immensely when switching between the two.

10" FN SCAR 16S: Geissele Gen1 SST, Magpul Selectors, MIAD, Aimpoint T1 w/ LT660, Tango Down Hyperion stock latch, extended side rails, SCAR panels and vertical stubby. Insight PEQ-15, Surefire M600V (KM3) w/ LT752, SR-07-D-IT and SF3P flash hider. Blue Force Gear padded VCAS w/ UWL.

My humble arsenal continues to shrink, but the few weapons I do own have become much more personalized according to the way I like to employ them.

If there's anything to take away from this it's the realization that you are never truly "finished." For as long as I continue to learn and shoot my weapons choice and gear selection will continue to evolve and develop alongside that experience.
Not it sure I have seen a better scars
!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Awesome, man!

I have been tempted to get out of some of my ARs and into a Benelli M4 for a while now. This is obviously not helping.

ETA: hellsa jelly of those ATPIALs, too.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Those SCARs might be the best looking rifles I ever did see. Outstanding! I like your other weapons to. You could even lose the black Scar and still be good and squared away.

·
Banned
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, really appreciate the compliments everyone. Will try to answer most of your questions, but let me know if I missed any:

Samurai - Just used some cheap mesh laundry bags. Only technique and advice I adhere to when painting is simply not give a damn what it looks like while you're doing so. You'll be more satisfied and probably end up with a much more effective camouflage pattern that way.

Fnpurist - Unfortunately the class IIIb lasers are restricted sales to .gov/mil/leo agencies only. You can still own them, but the trick to avoiding stolen units is simply knowing the right people. If you actually need IR capability, the civilian legal class I devices can deliver most of if not all of the same capability and can be purchased anywhere without the legal loop holes.

btell - Yes, it's the factory C-stock. I wasn't aware there were aftermarket repro's until you mentioned them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts