FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today to the range and got to put some lead in the air. I am fortunate to have a 100yd indoor rifle range about 20 mins or so away. Anyway for the most part it was a good experience. Ran 100 rounds through it (didn't have more time). My grips are pretty much the same as I have read here.

1. Sight - I actually like the site but it does not like my range lighting. I was using the T-bar the whole time and that is not going to work for me. Looked at a holo sight and I think that is the way I am going to have to go.

2. Shoulder feel - I think my arms are to long and I am going to have to get the extender.

3. Last round - Unless I am missing something the only time I know the mag was empty is when it don't fire!. I was counting so I did know but there isn't an external indicator that the mag is empty. This is my first rifle so that may just be normal.

One of the things that did suprise me was the trigger. I actually like it. It didn't feel stiff or tough to pull. I have not done anything to it.

Hopefully my side rail and brass catcher will be here so I can mount my laser and not wear as much brass.

Happy shooting

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Glad U got to shoot it.

U may wanna try that REM2 LED attachment if you like the low profile of the stock sight - otherwise, year, U may need an Eotech or red dot scope.

As for the trigger - I have gotten used to it and like it as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have a REM 2 on order (and have decided not to cancel :-D ) I will try that route first as this hobby is starting to take away from my other one. My 07 Mustang! :-D :-D :-D :grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's no bolt hold open, so yes you'll know you need to reload when it goes click instead of bang. Remember this was designed as a full auto submachine gun, not a semiautomatic battle rifle.

·
Vendor
5,653 Posts
:) Just a reminder for people wanting to try the REM 2. I DO offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you don't like it or decide that you need to go the rail system... Just return it for a full refund. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts