FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally got my PS90 yesterday after finding one locally with the USG sight (I think that's what it's called, anyway; I couldn't even see the white rings in the normal sight), and took it to the range today with the UMP.

HOLY CRAP!! This has got to be the coolest gun I've ever personally fired! :shock: I mean, the sight is way cool and works beautifully day or night, the fit and function of all the parts is absolutely perfect (and I'm a VERY tough critic in that area), and I have no complaints about the finish anywhere on the gun. The takedown is so quick it's amazing (not to mention it's obvious alot of thought/new ideas went into the manufacture of this gun), and assembly, especially reinstalling the barreled receiver, has such a positive feel, you just have to love it.

Oh, and I went through 500 rounds of the blue tip stuff with no failures of any sort; I have a feeling I'm not going to have any function issues with this one. I also noticed this is considerably cheaper to feed than a .223 rifle, even if you get the cheaper ammo (Wolf aside). The only ammo I've seen for the PS90 all seems to be high quality stuff, so the price is very reasonable if you ask me.

As far as accuracy goes, the groups were really tight. 5-10 meters produced nothing more than one big hole in the center, 20-30 meter groups were 3-4 inches without really trying anything special, and at 40 meters (as far as this range went), I was getting consistent 5-6" groups. I tried sitting down and using my range bag as a sort of bipod with one magazine just to see what it could do without human error, and I got an approximately 3" group with the target all the way down the range. Works for me! :?

Not to mention, I got even more compliments/questions per minute (CPM) with the PS90 than I do with the UMP; no small feat, to be sure! :cool:

Overall, I love this gun, and I really can't find fault with it. If I have to think of something, I guess it would be the limited ammo choice at the moment, but since it's all good stuff I don't consider that a bad thing.

Thanks a bunch to the people here who have written reviews and such on this gun; you guys were the main influence on my decision to go ahead and get one! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, uh... you know... where're the pics? :shock:
My digital camera is battery-impaired right at the moment, lol...I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get to the store. :D

I just finished cleaning it, so I'm also learning another fine point of this weapon: it's really a piece of cake to clean, even more so than the UMP. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I first took mine apart I couldn't believe how simple it was....tks for the report...makes me want to get out and shoot at distance...plan to soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts