FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to the PS90 and this forum but I was reading on the fiveseven forum about PS90 firing out of battery. Has anyone heard about this on the PS90? Has the problem been corrected? Any info on this sbuject would be great. By the way I did try a search so am sorry if this has been dicussed over and over. But so far my impression of the PS90 is great. I love it! Thanks

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
There is some talk about the Five Seven pistol doing this - opinions vary. Never heard of this concerning the PS90 yet. I think things are getting ahead of themselves on some of these issues...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, you have to be careful about what you read on some of these forums. This is why I had asked because I had not seen anything on this site concerning this problem, but I was just curious. Thanks

·
Vendor
5,877 Posts
There was one guy that had an out of battery and he was going to send the gun back to find out the cause. (he was on the Fiveseven Forum). He has not come back to let me know what happened. I also think Mike Hammer at Magazineparts.com (NOT SURE IT WAS HIM OR NOT) that showed a picture of an out of battery.

I find the PS90 functions perfectly. :shock:

·
Vendor
5,877 Posts
That is what I was thinking (RELOADS),but they did not post what type of ammo was being used. Maybe someone else can chime in here? :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The only time I every had a out of battery discharge was when I shot some 9mm reloads a friend gave me for my Glock 17. After that little experience I no longer shoot reloads.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what I was thinking (RELOADS),but they did not post what type of ammo was being used. Maybe someone else can chime in here? :)
On the fiveseven forum the guy said he was using reloads but claims that this in no way caused the problem.

·
Banned
114 Posts
So what does cause this? I've never had this or heard of anyone having this problem. I can speculate as to what may cause this problem but I'm sure one of you knows.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
An out of battery misfire has to do with the shell not being entirely inside the chamber when the stricer hits the cap, Most all modern weapons have a disconnect that prevents this from happening.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
devildoc said:
The only time I every had a out of battery discharge was when I shot some 9mm reloads a friend gave me for my Glock 17. After that little experience I no longer shoot reloads.
+1
Same here, after you see a Glock go KB, you never want to load up reloads. Once brass is used, its never the same again.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Grandad used to work at Ruger years ago. Daddy always shot Rugers. Both my brothers carried Rugers. I carried a Ruger for years. Luckilly, I've never had any issues with Rugers. I've never heard of a KB with one either (not to say there hasn't been one, just that I haven't heard of one).
I've heard a lot of people say, "With a Ruger, you either get one that is reliable or one that shoots straight. But not both." I've never had an issue with either.
All I know is, don't ever bad mouth a Ruger around my family. That will get you physically ejected from the property faster than yelling "gun" at a Presidential speaking engagement. 8)
Just talking about a Ruger makes me miss my dad... :cry:

·
Banned
114 Posts
...ok

·
Registered
320 Posts
tqtran said:
devildoc said:
+1
Same here, after you see a Glock go KB, you never want to load up reloads. Once brass is used, its never the same again.
Here's one I made....with factory ammo :x

·
Registered
214 Posts
The PS90 / P90 will not fire until the bolt has come < 1mm to the chamber. This is how the P90 stops from prematurely firing. This sear is also present in the PS90. You can, however, pull the bolt back away from the chamber once a round has been loaded and fire it out of battery that way. I highly do not recommend doing that as you'll probably blow up your gun and send yourself to the hospital. Grab your UNLOADED PS90 and see how the features work for yourself.

I had an over pressure round blow up a PS90 on me, not an out of battery fire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts