FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dumb question, but does the retaining pin for the firing pin go in enough so that the rubber o-ring is in the hole completely? It doesn't seem to seat, and I have put plenty of pressure on it. I did a search and saw a video post by the artist formerly known as amsdorf, and someone asked a similar question, but "almost flush" seemed to be the only answer. Anyway, I thought I'd ask before I brought out the hammer (jk). Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys, I got it. That thing required a LOT of pressure! I've broken too many things in my life by being heavy handed, and I did not want that to happen to the mighty scar! What I failed to remember is that, the scar is forged out of tupherthandiamondsium. Anyway, she's ready to go now!

as an aside, why did amsdorf get the boot? I've seen multiple references to him.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If its a Black SCAR you have to be gentle. No rough handling. The FDE version are tough as nails.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont know who amsdorf is. I have seen a few squabbles between a few members but dont pay much attention to who they are. Its like any other Forum. Piss off enough people and bye bye. Ive only pissed a few off so far. But like brothers we will all squabble over stupid stuff from time to time. But we all can agree that the SCAR rules whether its BLACK or FDE.

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. Funny thing is I'd seen his video prior to knowing who he was (I'd watched about a million videos before even getting the thing). Oh well. Have you had any range time yet?

·
Registered
505 Posts
No range time as my SCAR17 and the wife's 16 have not arrived yet. For sure next week as the dealer said he was trying to ship it out end of last week. I suspect between all the bad weather and holidays that it wont arrive until late next week. So far from what FEDEX has sent me my scope is still in NEW BERLIN WI. Its been there to long. Needs to come home. I have just about everything else except my Mags from STRYKER. But that was the last check I sent out it shows it was received on the 15th. That means dropped off. So they most likely wont get it until Tuesday. No real hurry on those as one mag is all I need to sight in the scope for now. I went to pick up some Match 308 but no luck at my usual Gun Store. Need to expand my horizons as I haven't really shopped at any other gun stores other than online for the SCARS. Need to drop by J&G and see what they have.

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good. The waiting game gets old! What scope did you get? The NF? Can't remember what you said. I'm still looking for one. I've got a Nikon M223 2-8 that's just lying around that I may try out in the meantime. So far I'm impressed with how light and easy to strip this scar is. Almost idiot proof. Almost. :D the above mentioned pin caused me to wonder at first!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yup. I ordered the NF 2.5-10x42 Mil-R. In my opinion this seems to be the best scope for this rifle. I will know for sure when she arrives and get abused for a time.

Reactions: saltpinch and Wy4tt

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also had a bit of trouble the first time I removed that pin. What I do now is put a tiny dot of lube on the oring, and spread it all around the oring. Then I use gentle but firm pressure and a slight twisting motion and the pin slips right in

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
AMSDORF aka PT McCain is trying to set a world record for number of bans received as well as bans on the most observe forums known to man. And a ban from a weapon specific forum usually leads to him selling those firearms and buying new ones, and joining the new weapon specific forum.

Never had any direct issues with him, although he does speak like an expert when he often is proven otherwise.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sounds like he is a few rounds short of a full Mag.

Reactions: Wy4tt and McCrapper

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sounds like he is a few rounds short of a full Mag.
Few clowns short of a circus..

Couple bricks shy of a load...

A few cards short of a deck..

Only one oar in the water....

Not the brightest bulb in the room...

Sharp as a marble...

His chimneys clogged...

Elevator doesn't go all the way to top...

You get the point.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
To quickly reinsert the firing pin retaining pin, use the charging handle which you probably used to remove it then tap in place with your palm. Works like a champ every time. Of course a little lube on the O-ring is a good idea too, they do make O-ring conditioner for those who wish to get technical.

View attachment 23845

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
So long as it's in Wy4tt, you can keep your use of a sledgehammer a secret, we won't tell. :icon_shh:

The SCAR Operator's manual shows using the CH to remove therefore it should work to install as well. I used the CH and it worked out fine with a moderate palm tap, likewise a cartridge will work. Good job! :?

I had lube on it, but it was still super tight. Ended up gently tapping it in until the oring was seated. I won't tell you guys what I used to tap it with. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Reactions: McCrapper
1 - 20 of 22 Posts