FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a good day (decent weather) to shoot the new 9. Put 250 rounds through it using Magtech 115g and Automatic Accuracy reloads in 135 and 147gr. Not a single misfeed or misfire. I did follow the outline for the initial cleaning/polishing as suggested. I also kept the 9's slide back for ~2 weeks to help loosen the spring. Patterns were not bad. I have the night sights but in at the range we use it's an old gravel operation that sits down in a pit and for some reason I had a hard time seeing the front sight. Perhaps I need a different color?

Anyway, no issues, smooth shoot and the Automatic Accuracy seemed to work fine for me.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Good to hear it ran well for you.

For a front sight option, you might want to look into Trijicon HD's.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
:smile:THANKS! FOR SHARING:? YES THE FACTORY NIGHT SIGHTS ARE EXCELLENT IN LOW LIGHT BUT NOT WORTH A DAMN! IN THE SUNLIGHT

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
For the fiber optic tritium filled ones, unfortunately yes. They're stupid expensive IMO. You can get plain fiber optic ones from Ameriglo and some other companies (Dawson precision IIRC) for $40 or somewhere around there (front sight only)

But if you want tritium, the Triji's would be the best option for a high-vis front sight in day and lower light conditions.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
179 Posts
Testers orange. Take a toothpick to cover the tritium and paint the dot orange. Thats what im doing to my fns. Works great, super visible

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Testers is model paint. Comes in a lil jar. Bright orange. Cheap and bright
Ok...went by the local model train store and asked for Testers Orange and told him what I wanted it for. He showed me the TO and it was almost pink. Instead he suggested a Florescent Red. Paid $4 for the bottle. Brought it home and did the front sight on my 9 and my wife's Nano. Worlds of difference! Now I can see the front sight.

thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I could not remember the exact orange. I used to use as a chevy orange on my models engines. Lol. Good stuff. Glad to hear you like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts