FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really surprised. I cleaned the barrel before firing, but not the action, which may be the cause of this.

After 30 rounds, I started having issues with the trigger not resetting. I would let off the trigger, and sometimes hear an audible click, other times I had to cycle the action to get it to reset. The hammer remains back, but the sear, or whatever it is the sits in front and prevents the hammer from falling early, would not let go. It doesn't look like it's under much spring pressure, but I don't see how I could get the leg of the spring to push on it any more.

Anyway, I cleaned the action really well, and washed out the trigger pack with, gulp, water-something I have never done in my life. :shock:

After it dries, if there's enough sunlight, I'm gonna try again.

I could reproduce the problem, with no ammo, so I guess I will know even if I can't shoot again this evening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I just put it back together and ran 20 rounds through it as fast as I could. It must have been some of the factory's oil (that I was supposed to have cleaned off the action) that did it. It resets every time now, without delay.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glad to hear your malfs stopped.

I've had about 1500 rounds through my PS90 and about 5 malfunctions. I think these malfunctions are due to the round getting hung up in the magazine's 90 degree ramp and not being fully positioned. I haven't determined if this is happening with more than one of the three magazines I've been using yet. I've cleaned the magazines and put graphite powder in them too. I'm still keeping an eye on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts