FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new FDE FNX-T finally got a day to play. It's been stored, slide open for a month. Mags (10 round) loaded. All I had for ammo was this hot rod Atomic .45ACP+P 185g, 1225fps, 616ft lbs.

First mag would hang slide open, almost every round, after fired. I started to worry. After that first mag, never skipped a beat. By the time Deltapoint was dialed in, she was ready for anything. I put another 150 rounds down the pipe, then off to work. It was a great day, so happy with my purchase!

Did I mention, CA legal too! :?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I'm sure there is a better term for it. Next round hung on feed ramp, holding slide open. Never had any last rounds fail to feed.
failed to return to battery.

Good to hear it ran well for you after that. Sounds like it just needed a little firing to get the final set on the spring.

Congrats!

Reactions: joeyhp

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, I don't know if you read my post but my first clip had a stove pipe, and also a failure of the slide to stay back after the last round.

That stopped after I racked the slide 50 times, and since then I had no issues.

But you're using +p ammo.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I love mine as well. I never prepped it with the slide locked to the rear. I didn't store the mags with ammo in it. I haven't had a single malfunction with approx. 500 rounds using mostly PMC Bronze and some Federal HST. I haven't cleaned it yet either. I like to do a minor torture test on new firearms. Love this thing. The factory test fire on mine was on 1/9/14.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts