FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first FN. A two tone FNP 9 that was strictly spur of the moment. I was looking for another 9mm platform to go along with my Sig P226 Blackwater. Went in to a gun shop in Lakeville, MN to get some work done on my Benelli SNT's and there it was.
It was love at first grip. I will be at the range tomorrow with 3-400 rounds of Speer 124gr +P.
I hope I have found my 9mm carry piece. I need to find a link for extra recoil springs, guide rods and mags. Any help would be truly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum! ENjoy the new gun.

A few people have had some issues with their FNPs until they get broken in. While I have no personal knowledge of this fix - for people who have this issue, I've read that if U keep the slide open for a week or two (to stress the recoil spring), this can fix the issue.

So, while the gun SHOULD work 100%. If it doesn't try that before your second trip.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does seem that I made the right choice. Now, I have to get rid of a S&W 442 that I have not even picked up yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have been here one full day and have not upset anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
DocLRRP said:
Just bought my first FN. A two tone FNP 9 that was strictly spur of the moment. I was looking for another 9mm platform to go along with my Sig P226 Blackwater. Went in to a gun shop in Lakeville, MN to get some work done on my Benelli SNT's and there it was.
It was love at first grip. I will be at the range tomorrow with 3-400 rounds of Speer 124gr +P.
I hope I have found my 9mm carry piece. I need to find a link for extra recoil springs, guide rods and mags. Any help would be truly appreciated.
Congrats! I just picked up my 2 tone FNP9 last night. I need to put some night sights on it. :D

TA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts