FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just this summer I shot an AR-15 for the first time and was instantly hooked on the idea of collecting guns for protection and a possible SHTF scenario. Started off with springfield 1911 loaded and a springfield xdm 9mm for the wife. During this time I was researching an AR style rifle in .308 cal and realized the issues with the platform. I then started to lean towards a springfield socom 16 after reading many reviews and renting one at the range (to this day it is my favorite weapon I have fired). Then I watched a YouTube video by hickok45, socom 16 vs scar, then I was hooked! After 2 months of solid researching I knew the SCAR 17S FDE was the right .308. After a impulse purchase of a Beretta 686 silver pigeon that set me back 2 months, I finally found my precious. :shock:

I may may have paid a little more than I wanted at $3100, but just couldn't pass it up due to non-availability.

Got her all cleaned up (maybe a little to much grease) and taking her to the range in morn!

Just wanted to to share my story.. :-o

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made a great decision - SCAR 17Ss are very special rifles. I purchased a black one and I really have enjoyed it. This is a great forum with a lot of helpful members.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on your new SCAR 17s! "Non-availability" isn't really an issue right now though... Grabagun has them in stock for $2,686 right now to name one place. :?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Don't get embarrassed about the trigger feeling like it came out of a WWII crate, while your buddies AR is more crisp.
-Add a Geissele super scar trigger to even the playing field real quick.
-the Stryker bolt charging upgrade is a plus as well. It makes for a dummy proof racking of the carrier group.

Another member had a link to a good price, but other websites may have free shipping and other items to add.
GEISSELE SUPER SCAR TRIGGER - SCAR 16,17 - EODUSA

-possibly an Atlas/ADM QD mount bipod too.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Great to see you finally got one! I'm sure you'll find that it was well worth the wait. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the 17! :?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone! I'm sure I will have plenty on questions. Was going to go test it out, but the wife is sick and I want her to enjoy it also. Doing my research on sighting in the iron sights now..

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Congrats

I still remember my first fn.....which led to my second.....and so on and so on .....and so on..... it's addicting I hope you know what you got yourself into lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts