FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't teachers have tosend a permission slip home for a signature before field trips? Before my parents signed one they wanted to know where, when, what for, and with who. I wonder if the slip said "wedding" or "same sex wedding"? And I don't remember going on one until the 3rd grade or so. Of course... it is San Fran.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,436961,00.html

First-graders in San Francisco took a field trip to City Hall to celebrate the marriage of their lesbian teacher on Friday, but opponents of same-sex marriage in the state say the field trip was an attempt to “indoctrinate” the students, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

The field trip was suggested by a parent at the Creative Arts Charter School, and the school said the trip, where students tossed rose petals on their teacher and her wife as they left City Hall, was academically relevant.

"It really is what we call a teachable moment," said Liz Jaroslow, the school’s interim director, according to the newspaper. She said same-sex marriage had historic significance. "I think I'm well within the parameters."

California will vote on Nov. 4 on Proposition 8 which seeks to ban same-sex marriage in the state, and supporters of the measure say the field trip shows that allowing same-sex marriage will mean it’s taught to school children, the newspaper said.

"It's just utterly unreasonable that a public school field trip would be to a same-sex wedding," said Chip White, press secretary for the Yes on 8 campaign, told the Chronicle. "This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to have an understanding of its purpose."

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I can't get over the phrase: "her wife." Also, was this during school hours?

·
Registered
305 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Damn, I would be pissed if my kid was in that class
Yep, like real pissed! :twisted:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since it is San Francisco, you can't even complain and raise hell. They'd get mad at the complainer for being so "anti-gay." That place is ridiculous.

·
Registered
192 Posts
M1P90 said:
Just try to have a teacher take their students to a gun show or shooting range and see them cry BLOODY MURDER!!!! :p :twisted:
Myself and a select few went on "Field Trips" with one of our teachers my senior year to go shooting several times. He had several nice toy that we just loved. Desert Eagle .44 and an AutoMag III.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts