FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a local IDPA match here in S.A. TX. It was my first one and was placed with a bunch of "older" shooters. Most were over 40 and some guy named Greg "the rabbit" who's an IPSC or something and IDPA champ. He did pretty good.

I took my HK USP 9 and FNP 40 to the range which was at Cedar Ridge, nice range, but only brought enough money to use one of them :( . So I choose my HK. There were ALOT of 1911's and XD's, not that many Glocks, and I was the lone HK and FN if I had used her. The 1911's had trouble with ammo in our group and the XD's as well. Most were shooting WWB, Blazer Alu./Brass, and one Fiocchi user. My HK ran like a champ! Next time I'm going to bring some more money and take my bro's G20 with me next time as well as my FNP40! It's only $10 extra for each extra gun you plan on shooting where I was at. After watching those 1911's in action, I'm not impressed, one 1911 shooter had to shoot a steel target twice to knock it down! I only had to use one shot with my 9mm! Well, he DID shoot low, and I WAS using +P :twisted:

During the course I DID shoot "friendlies" a couple of times :( , oh well, if someone's going to stand in the middle of a gunfight they are asking to get shot :twisted: ! The older shooters there TRIED to get me to put my magazines facing in the opposite direction, they said I had them facing the WRONG way, something about the bullets pointing towards the front of you instead of pointing behind you, I told them I'm MUCH faster the way I have them already, I demonstrated to them and they were all impressed with how fast I was able to reload my pistol with the mags facing the "wrong" way :x :x :x . I'm not sure why I'm faster that way, I just know that I am and don't plan on changing it. I'm sure with practice I might get better the other way, but why fix something that's not broken?

I had a lot of fun and it was much more difficult than I thought it was going to be to shoot on the move! Can't wait to go again! Plus, I didn't use as much ammo as I thought I was going to use! I only used 83 rounds for the entire course!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool, it sounds like you had a great time. Do what works best for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts