FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the LWRC out for some break in shooting. The rifle shot flawlessly through 300 rounds ! But firing it next to the Colt Socom stole a little bit of thunder from the LWRC. The Colt had noticeably less recoil, and was definitely a better shooter. The Colt's barrel may weigh a little more, and it's decked out with scope and light attached. The extra weight may be the reason for less recoil, but it was noticeable for sure. My friend also agreed, very noticeable. And of course, the Scar 17 made an appearance, and in my book it steals the show...little different style shooting that 7.62 Nato round though. But after cleaning the rifles later that night, it's clear I prefer the LWRC over the Colt. The .556 doesn't have enough recoil in any rifle to really matter to me. The LWRC performed as advertised, and was so very easy to clean. The Colt Socom may have less recoil, but I prefer the piston driven system hands down. The LWRC is a tight fitting rifle and is just a fine running machine. The ambi bolt catch is great. It's one of those things you can't believe took so long to come out with, very ergonomically friendly where the bolt catch is placed. Only 300 rounds through it, but I have trust in it already. At the end of the day, I'd say a great rifle and I'm glad I purchased it. It's a clean machine. : )

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I own the lwrc m6a2spr and I agree. It is really an awesome rifle. Lwrc claims their rifles only fail when the parts break. They estimate in the 20k round range. The bolt carrier group is 1 piece too if you didn't notice. I only want a repr now. Too bad colt is buying them fear the worst for them now.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry just getting back to you guys, I posted a pick in the scar 17 forum last weekend...thought I should move the conversation to the black rifle forum though. I'll post up a pic tomorrow, kind of checking out the forum while company is here lol. The one piece bolt carrier is nice. I think Colt will keep the rifle as is, I have the faith. I can't see them messing with the design except for the colt roll mark of course. I think Colt sees LWRC's piston as the leader and had the smarts to buy it. But I'm anxious to get my opinion verified by seeing them market it. I had considered the Sig 516, I hear good things about it, and about 1000.00 cheaper too. But I had more confidence in the LWRC through the online research I did. I'm glad I bought it...LWRC made a fine rifle. I'm also still wanting the Scar 16, but I couldn't resist that heavy twizzle barrel on the M6IC.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Are you sure that's not Patriot Brown? It's a much richer shade... :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of the FDE contrast between LWRC's initial FDE rifles to the M6 Limited IC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts