FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wanted to give my impressions on the first 2 weeks CCW with my FNX 45.

The stats, I'm 6'4" 280LBs stocky build. I'm using a Purekustom Black Ops pro holster left hand.

At first I tried carrying at my 7 to 8 o'clock position, there was too much printing and it was extremely difficult to effectively draw from that position. I moved the holster to the 9 to 10 o'clock and it was totally different. The printing went away and it was a very comfortable and a natural draw.

To me this firearm is not heavy. I'm using Bullhide 1.5 inch gun belts and it keeps the holster and my clothes in a very secure and nice looking position. Sitting is very comfortable and still no printing in that position. Im using the Black Ops pro in the OWB carry only. I don't want to buy larger pants and the OWB works very well. I experimented in the IWB position but I'm just to big to carry comfortably in that manner. I have carried concealed with a 3X tshirt, a 2X light jacket, and my 2X button up shirts and it was very comfortable and even my wife who knows I carry could not detect it by looking at me standing, sitting, or kneeling.

The is no problem for me and my longest carry so far has been 10 hours on a daily basis.

The right combination makes everything work. Thanks to PureKustom Holsters, Bullhide leathers and a great firearm the FNX 45.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: to the FORUM. Are you running a RMR or a Tac light by any chance ? I'm a leftie too, and that sure can make things tough when looking for a holster.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the tactical with a rmr and Pure Kustom does make a Black Ops Pro that will cover the RMR if you request it. I have one. Very nice holster but be prepared to pay a lot and wait several months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 5'9" 180 down from 200, carry my FNX45 non-tactical. Carry it everyday at 3 o'clock in IWB custom holster. Where it everywhere, excellent gun to carry.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Carrying the FNX-45.... wish I could. Love my FNX-45, but... a Kahr PM45 in my pocket seems to be how my days go. I envy you guys!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I carry my fnx 45 at 3 o'clock with a sticky holster with no problems. I'm very comfortable with it. I'm 5'11 156....The only adjustment I make is having to buy bigger shirts...

Let's just say I feel pretty secure with 16 rounds of hollow points of full sized .45 at close range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried carrying the FNX 9, but its weight would pull down my pants. I have tried several different belts and OWB holsters. I am 5' 11" and 180 lbs. So, I guess I would have to grow bigger or envy other guys who can carry this little gun. I love it and wish I could carry it concealed. Now I carry either a Sig P232 (.380 acp) or a SA XDs 9mm, both of which are comfortable to carry and do not print on my clothes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts