FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this works! Here is my FN SCAR 17s along with my Springfield XDM chambered in 9mm. This is my first picture post, as I am still learning how to resize images n whatnot. What is the biggest size picture that I can upload on the site? I love this set up, and yes - my Sticker is still on. It will come off one day however.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
From what I can see (it is a little small) , it looks good. I still use the Photobucket method for pics, I think you can go up 1024 x 768 (could be wrong, it has been awhile since I set it up) .

I do like the staging, normally I snap all my pics on my uninspiring (and very cluttered) desktop.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it was shot with a Nikon D7000 I believe, I had a buddy of mine take a few shots of the 17 after we did our family photos. The original size is 4928x3264 pixels, and it would not upload. This version is 250x250, so maybe I will try uploading a bigger version to this thread so we can see the beauty of this picture. :x

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Yes, now that is very nice!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:shock: Yea I should have added the other 8 magazines to the picture, but now that I know how to post them, I think that can be done on another date. More pics to come - TA11E ACOG x3.5 w/ the Red chevron reticle, Atlas Bipod, Tangodown rail covers, A QD mount from gear sector for the front sling attachment point, and a Sinlge point MS3 sling from Magpul which has been converted to a double point sling. I love this setup, I am currently looking for some Lake City M80 or M118lr rounds, just not sure where to look.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Maybe a bit of fill flash to bring out details on the rifle. Or some other type of lighting.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
"Dinner is served . . . Cold steel and hot brass!" Congratulations.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Maybe a bit of fill flash to bring out details on the rifle. Or some other type of lighting.
I had some pretty poor lighting in there, but he is going to run this photo and a few other ones through photoshop. I will repost when those are done. I also resized this from a much larger sized photo, so it is not as clear as the original. On my desktop it looks super nice, minus being a little on the darker side for the lighting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice photo! I have had better luck taking pictures of guns outside. Don’t shoot the photos in direct sunlight though. Place the gun in the shade or wait until there is an overcast day.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I will post some better ones in the future. I plan on getting a scar16s somewhere down the road. Thanks for the ammo suggestion, I love sg ammo. $22.95 is a little expensive, but I may purchase a bag to try them out. I have found it for .84 per round, yet it is nice having that ammo around in smaller batches. I really want to start using only Military type brass for my 17s, so no more brown bear for this beast. I'm in the process of totally cleaning my scar out.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have struggled with taking decent pictures of any of my guns, and continue to do so. Here's what I have learned (some echo earlier comments):

- Good lighting is the most important thing. Photography is the process of capturing light, after all. The best lighting will be outside in bright but not direct light, or inside with "studio" lighting of some kind (which for small objects like handguns can be an small and inexpensive "light tent"). Flash will probably not make a good picture.
- Background is also very important. Most of the really nice gun pictures I have seen have a nice background. Most people don't have anything in their house that will do the job.
- For good results posting photos for discussion boards, you can use a service like PhotoBucket as others have mentioned, or just post them directly on the discussion board (which is what I do). I had PhotoShop years ago, but for this type of photo you don't need anything that fancy or expensive. I just open the photo in Window Photo Viewer, then "edit" it in Microsoft Office Picture Manager or similar to 1. crop off any excess, 2. resize to fewer pixels, and then 3. compress the image moderately. Doing this I can still usually post "large" photos that look good (except for my photography).

My efforts have been modest at best, and I always admire those who can produce really high-quality photos.

Reactions: HC015***
1 - 19 of 19 Posts