FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about 2 hours. I think I will mill it off past the mag slot and build a new platform. None of this required removal of the barrel. Accuracy was a big improvment since the co-witness was closer to the barrel.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Wow - well, that sure is interesting. That is similar to what one of the sponsors here sells - Thompson Machine sells a new receiver here that looks close.

Nice job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen those, very nice! No joking around. There is a lot of love that went into putting those out. It just seemed to be over kill to me. Why make a completely new reciver when I already have a workable platform. Then what do I do with the original reciver? As I mentioned I do plan on knocking off a bit more and makeing a new mag slot with more of a cosmeticly "tacti-cool" rail. Im planning on mounting an Aimpoint on it and need topurchase it and the mount before I get to it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
99% of the members here cannot modify the receiver like U did. So, if they want one lower - sorta like what you built - they would have to buy that Thompson receiver... For the same reasons you modified yours...

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Man that would SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME to take a tool to my PS90 like that. I pine over putting sticky VELCRO on the plastic. I can't imagine doing that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea tell me about it! Putting you state of the art bang bang on a band saw and chopping off the big chunks takes a few moments to wrap your mind around doing it. I figured what the heck if I screwed it up I can buy one of the Thompson ones

Once I get the process refined, would anyone be interested in this as a sevice?

Im esimating $200-$275 minus shipping and no re-finish. 2-4 day turn around.

Not looking to make a living doing this, just help out those who cant do it themselves.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Very impressive. I would never have the guts to cut into mine...

I should warn you though - using the words post and first together on Internet forums may draw the ire of other users (not necessarily on this forum). There's a lot of hate out there for that phrase and those who speak it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow! ::!!!:: As another poster said just looking at that scares the crap out of me. Really nice work though.

:evil: :evil:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Once I get the process refined, would anyone be interested in this as a sevice?

Im esimating $200-$275 minus shipping and no re-finish. 2-4 day turn around.

Not looking to make a living doing this, just help out those who cant do it themselves.
That is a really nice offer.....However you need to have an FFl to ship/receive firearms.

Very good work

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far im impressed. Your all either being real nice or it wasnt as crazy of an idea as I thought .....after I did it. Im real happy with it. No body here has tried to tell me how stupid I was or Ive put my life in danger by modifing the original design. Also everone has been real helpful with some pointers (FFL is in the works. Sent the papers in a few weeks ago.) Everone seems to also own a PS90 and not just a bunch of airsoft geeks.

Thanks again everyone, Erik

·
Registered
95 Posts
i just got done cutting into my 3rd PS90, and it never gets any easier!

im doing a very similar mod to my latest one, with a much different site.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Bonedust, do you have any pics? Im looking to make a few more cuts on mine and would like some ideas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finished all the machine work and posted new pics in the first post. Now all I have to do is find a snappy Dura-Coat camo job it its done!

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
:? Great Job! Bonedust does great work also. Thermalators project x was way cool too. There is some real talent on this forum. :shock: :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts