FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in love.... no really this is one solid firearm. I smirked at all the post raving about how well tuned the FN's claimed to be. Thinking, really? how much better could they be than the competition of the same price range? NOW, I'm one of them. Short range visit this morning, but I squeaked in a quick visit. Only shot 150 rounds, but a flawless visit is was.

Question: about break-in. Search result's returned many opinions. And I have no intention of making this thread about gun break-in... but...

I shot 150 rounds of Winchester NATO 124gr FMJ in the virgin FNS9 today. I'm fairly confident that although the spring is somewhat stiff, I don't need to continue hot loads. I'd be willing to switch to 115gr on my next visit. I have a poop load of Herter's Select grade brass case, and I don't think I would have any issues with FTF, FTE or similar changing over. Anyone use this ammo combo?

Off to break this thing down and clean it up some.

Happy Friday All!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the new 9. Gotta agree . . . The gun is solid. I have about 700 rounds through mine. I'm running 124- and 147-gr plated HP reloads through it with a variety of range brass. No hot loads, pretty middle of the road stuff. I've had no failures of any type. Solid pistol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have only had my FNS-9 to the range a few times and a few hundred rounds and so far have fed it only budget ammo of 115 grain WW White Box & commercial reloads. It's been flawless to this point.

Before I bought it my only concern was the trigger, since I had read some bad reviews on gritty and stiff triggers on the FNS. I ordered mine through GunBroker and got lucky. It is the best, smoothest striker fired trigger I have ever owned. My 2012 production Glock 19s have around a thousand rounds each and a gazillion dry fires through them and they are not near as good as this FNS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts