FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used FS2000, OD Green. I am assuming it is a tactical, it came with both the standard and tactical fore end, Judo Chop charging handle and the barrel has been threaded. I took it to the range today and shot it for the first time. I have a few questions though...

1. I had a TON of gas blow back in my eyes (enough to make the irritated to the point of having to stop) while running a suppressor. Anyone else have this problem??
2. The magazine "gasket seal" is so tight that it takes some muscle to get the magazine seated to where it will function properly. Is that normal??

Now to find a decent optic for it. I would really like to go with an Eotech/acog, but will have to do some research!

Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you fire it without the suppressor on? I'm wondering if the same thing would happen. But yes it is a tight fit on magazines. I only use metal as the manual doesn't recommend plastic magazines. What material mag were you using?
I can't believe they no longer sell these. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I hope you get it worked out.
As far as an optic I can't afford an eotech on all my guns as I have quite a few. I got a Sightmark ultra shot with a laser and have had good luck with it. It is accurate and was budget friendly. I'm not embarrassed to have a $1800 gun with a $99 optic if it works well. But I am going with a trijicon rmr or reflex eventually.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Did you fire it without the suppressor on? I'm wondering if the same thing would happen. But yes it is a tight fit on magazines. I only use metal as the manual doesn't recommend plastic magazines. What material mag were you using?
I can't believe they no longer sell these. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I hope you get it worked out.
I don't do silencers. And only STANAG mags will fit in that mag well. It doesn't have to be USGI aluminum or steel but it does have to be STANAG. I got a plastic German STANAG mag (Hella) to shoot in my bullpup, but generally I stick with the USGI aluminum mag.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as an optic I can't afford an eotech on all my guns as I have quite a few. I got a Sightmark ultra shot with a laser and have had good luck with it. It is accurate and was budget friendly. I'm not embarrassed to have a $1800 gun with a $99 optic if it works well. But I am going with a trijicon rmr or reflex eventually.
I shot without a suppressor and the back pressure was not as bad. I switched the gas block switch and it was considerably better, but still had some blow back. It was also smoking really bad, so I am assuming we had an excess of oil somewhere. Regular old XM855 by the way....

This also had a nice Aimpoint CompM3, but I am an Eotech kind of guy. So I am in the process of trying to trade that off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Honestly get rid of that FN mag, they are crap IMO. Get some nice quality USGI mags and practice mag reloads. I hardly notice how tight the gasket is now. I have the EoTech XPS2 and EoTech Magnifier set-up and I love it.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Yes it is a tactical model.

Most semi auto's have a good amount of blow back when using a suppressor.

Normal for the mag to be tight. Some people remove the gasket.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't do silencers. And only STANAG mags will fit in that mag well. It doesn't have to be USGI aluminum or steel but it does have to be STANAG. I got a plastic German STANAG mag (Hella) to shoot in my bullpup, but generally I stick with the USGI aluminum mag.
How does that Hella mag work in your FS2K and how much did it cost? Curious about this. Thinking about it when I can afford to get a Tuna.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.