FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Scar 20s 6.5 Creedmoor Scar 17s
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all. I’ve peeked on here a few times over the years but have never owned a Scar.
I finally bought one at a semi local toy store yesterday.
They thought they had the 308 model in their back room but when they pulled it out it was a 6.5 FDE model. Sold!!! Unfortunately I had to pay msrp and put it into 2A jail.

Now here’s something interesting to me.
The serial number is PRPRxxxxx.
All 20s models I’ve looked at on GB are PRxxxxx. Even the black 6.5 one that sold on there today.

Anyone else have or seen a serial number PRPRxxxxx?

·
Banned
659 Posts
Hey y’all. I’ve peeked on here a few times over the years but have never owned a Scar.
They thought they had the 308 model in their back room but when they pulled it out it was a 6.5 FDE model. Sold!!! Unfortunately I had to pay msrp and put it into 2A jail.

All 20s models I’ve looked at on GB are PRxxxxx. Even the black 6.5 one that sold on there today.

I'd say you probably got an overstriked serial number caused by the shaky hand of a hung over S.C. assembly worker coming off a 3 day weekend bender or an upper that was pulled from the line for some reason prior to being assigned the full serial number. I'm thinking that you should contact FN in S.C. directly and see if they can give you a reason why, which knowing them, may or may not be true...

Reactions: Twistedracer

·
Banned
659 Posts

Congrats, now try & find reasonably priced ammo for your expensive club...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say you probably got an overstriked serial number caused by the shaky hand of a hung over S.C. assembly worker coming off a 3 day weekend bender or an upper that was pulled from the line for some reason prior to being assigned the full serial number. I'm thinking that you should contact FN in S.C. directly and see if they can give you a reason why, which knowing them, may or may not be true...
Good idea. I’ll give them a jingle once I have it safely at home. The letters and numbers were straight and solid, uniform. Kinda makes her special lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, now try & find reasonably priced ammo for your expensive club...
Reasonable? I was glad to find four boxes to bring home from today’s running around lol.
Two boxes at $1.80/round, another two at $1.90/round.

Still much cheaper than my 338 Lapua that I just sold.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sounds like a bad computer hiccup as the numbers are fed in systematically and CNC'd in...more than likely the computer had a delay...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a bad computer hiccup as the numbers are fed in systematically and CNC'd in...more than likely the computer had a delay...
That’s a good possibility. Nice having a special serial number even if it was a mistake.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
What you have there is a (P)recision(R)ifle(P)recision(R)ifle based on it's serial number in other words it's PR to the second power aka twice as precise as a basic PR.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gave FN a call on this today.
Interestingly the CS guy who answered didn’t even give his name and sounded like getting a call was a bother so I figured he’d blow me off.
I told him my question on the serial number and it peaked his interest. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes to see if anyone else knew anything on this.
No one who was there knew.
He took my name and number to get back to me as he wanted to look into this more.
Seems it’s the first he’s seen of this even after looking up serial numbers.

I’m with SeaMac. It means Precision Rifle to the second power meaning I don’t even have to aim.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Perfectly Repeatable Precision Rifle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts