FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a used PS90 earlier in the year. The previous owner kept the FN mini red dot sight so I mounted a Primary Arms advanced micro dot on it that only required 3 clicks to the right to be zeroed at 25 yards. Great little sight! Once the weather improves I'll fine tune the zero at 50 yards from sandbags.

250 rounds, no malfunctions, many smiles. Both of the 'silver screws' holding on the rail came loose multiple times - will probably need to Loctite those heavily or get new ones?

Other than that I'm very pleased with this purchase. All 250 rounds went into a softball-sized group at 25 yards, and this was standing, non-supported shooting. Very accurate and a great partner to my 5.7 pistol.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The PS0 is a great companion firearm to the FiveseveN.

Grats on both!

Yes, I agree, the PS90 is a very accurate carbine of a rifle. Very light, very easy to aim, and very easy to maneuver despite being the length of minimum NFA rifle requirements.
To me, my PS90 is now my favorite range rifle and I know for sure I have put more lead downrange with it than any of my other rifles.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Glad you like.... I have for sure shot more rounds down range with the PS than any other weapon.... Actually it was a financial obligation to do so....
NOW ... I won't say that my Colt 6920 ( Slidefire/TacCon ) set up didn't chew up some serious rounds... I think 3500... last summer ... IT was some kind of " sickness " I developed.... that chewed up the 25 yr mound at my club.... in fact some of the founding fathers were a little curious what the hell was doing that ???? LOL
BUT... in no way comes close to the 5.7 lead in that mound...

You can always do what alot of us do.... " start a collection "... nothing like having a few PS's and a few FsN's.... just incase !
Always a good investment in my book....

TROS has a Good mount and perhaps the BEST option if you decide to go that way....
I have several different set ups and I WILL state that M1P90 does a excellent job with his upgrade .... well worth it.

I had some shooting budds over the other night... 1st time in a long time we were hanging out talking weapons.... I pulled one of my PS's with the REM T on it and they loved it....
Neither of them are partial to the PS nor FN's... per say .... other than one having a FN-9....
If I get around to it ... after seeing REM T's work I will send him my other one .... it is just that good. I mean what more can you ask for... a product that is an upgrade that you can use or not activate and both the FN stock set up and M1P90's upgrade work in conjunction .... It is a great thing and even the non PS crowd liked it !

Like I said... you can always start a collection.... nothing better than excess.....

Happy Easter !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well been to the range three times with the PS-90 and can finally say I am seeing a bit of progress. I have the FN C-More red dot sight and the first couple of range trips fired a bunch of rounds but have no idea where they were going. I can say they are somewhere in North Alabama but don't ask where. This past Friday the wife and I were at the 25 yd zero range and after a while I noticed the PS 90 was giving a very tight grouping but 24 inches low and 12 inches right of the aim point, another very tight group 12 inches to the left of the bull, and a third about 12 inches left and 12 inches low. WTF I this? said I. Later it dawned that I had shot at three different targets and the groups were in fact low and right to each target. Now I know what I have to do. I am really starting to like this little n.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Another day at the range. The wife took her .25 Baby Browning and shot about 50 rounds, and her .38 S& W LadySmith and shot about 20 rounds. I took the PS-90 and Browning Hi-Power. I put about 50 rounds of SS-198, 50 rounds of SS-197 and 50 rounds of 9mm down range. Still fussing with the sight. Finally determined it was 24 inches low and 24 inches left at 25 yards. Got the elevation fixed in short order but the windage is another story. Had the maximum adjustment and it was still way left. Looking at the mount the mount is nowhere near centered. So off get a set of fine feeler strips to center up the mount and then try again. Gun really shoots nice, on the zero range I am getting consistent 3 round groups covered by a quarter from a prone supported position.
Well if the weather breaks it's back to the range next Friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts