FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the FNX 45 for some shooting,had the pistol for a month now.Too busy with work.Love it ,hate everything I gave her.Trigger is pretty good for. Semi auto pistol.Did good groups for my lousy shooting.The bad is that skinny slide release.Have a hard time releasing the slide to load it up.Needs to be a hair bigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cool, I've got a 45 tac that I'm anxious to shoot for the fist time, but work and life eat up most of my free time. Hopefully Sunday.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the slide release being to small. It's a good idea to use the slide itself. A slight pull to the rear and release. When practicing incapacitation drills, you don't use the slide release either. It's more of a slide stop than a release.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats! I love mine. Trigger is getting better, but still not a 1911 trigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the FNX.

Don't worry about the slide stop/release. The stiffness eases up a little bit after some use. Try keeping it stored with the slide locked back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So funny you say this I felt the same way about the release.... mine was really stiff. But after putting a few down range and cleaning her she is as smooth as silk. Congrats and welcome to the 45 club of fnx (unless it's not your first) it's an honor. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts