FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the range to try out my new Five-seveN. Being brand new, I've haven't shot it before today, so I did an initial cleaning last week to prepare it for today.

This is my first, fully-polycarbonate handgun. I used to dislike them (much is due to Glocks, which, to me, look cheap-like). Seriously, if you're holding back because you fear the 5-7 will be cheap-like, at least try to see one in real life. It definitely doesn't look or feel cheap and I'm very happy with it.

I am still amazed at the weight of the gun. Loaded with 10 rounds, it "feels" about half the weight of my Mark 23 unloaded. The recoil is very kind, a little less than a Sig P226. The Sig is heavier which helps on recoil, but the 5-7 is still easier to shoot.

I noticed a lot of muzzle flash, something I did not expect. I was in an indoor range and it is lit by bright fluorescents, yet every shot made out a sizable flash, something to remember if I were to use it at low light levels (ie: disrupts night-vision).

Accuracy is on par with my Mark 23 and BTW, that's very good! At first I was shooting a bit to the left, 2 clicks on the adjustment wheel and I'm right on center. At 10 meters, I got to shoot in an inch, at 25 meters I got in 4 inches. I assume in better hands, it could be improved, but I'm happy with what I got.

I can't talk about the noise, being an indoor range, noise is always amplified. I was shooting next to a 9mm guy and his shooting was as loud as mine.

Speaking of that guy, he picked one of my empty casing off the ground and asked me what caliber it was. I told the guy it was 5.7mm. He frowned and asked me why they made 5.7mm, I told him it's a women's caliber, kinda like a .22 with a little more juice.

I don't have any pictures to post, but I'll bring my GF to shoot it and I'll take pictures then. So there's my unscientific review of my Five-seveN. Would I buy it again? Definitely!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Want to know why the 5.7 kicks so much a$$?

Its Flash has the Power of Mother F******* Gray Skull in it!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
chronos said:
... but I'll bring my GF to shoot it and I'll take pictures then. ...
Well, try to get the gun in the pictures too. :-D

Great report though, you're right on with the recoil - awesome shooting pistol! And yeah, big time muzzle flash!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes we woman love the 57

YES ALL THE WOMAN i KNOW WHO HAVE SHOT THE 57 LOVE IT. BUT IT IS NOT A 22. It does much more damage then any 22 on earth. Its a fun gun to shoot and I WILL KEEP DOING IT. Cap key keeps coming on. I want to say hi to all the people who know me from other 57 sites. Good seeing you guys Pat

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Glad you had fun...don't let the guy who frowned on you get you down. Just laugh at their ignorance :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts