FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time shooting trap... [HR][/HR] went out on a windy, cold, snowy morning and had a blast. Shot my Beretta Onyx Pro, which I've only shot a few rounds through before. I shot 19 out of 25 the first round, and vowing to do at least one better the next round, shot 19 out of 25.:roll:

Tons of fun, and messes with your head. I started thinking too hard and missing, and then not thinking hard enough and missing. The ones going to the right where you had to really lead them were the hardest for me.

I have had no training other than reading articles and watching videos, so I really don't know what I'm doing. I find I'm "aiming" rather than swinging through the targets.

I have a lot of work to do, and look forward to it. :smile:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
For a first timer to shoot 19 out of 25 is not to shabby and with a gun your just learning...so don't beat yourself up to badly... I can say that with conviction as I used to shoot trap competitively for many years.

Reactions: Kev and 1KPerDay

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
The wind will really mess with the clays. It will make them fly like a knuckle ball. Given the conditions and being your first time, I'd say a 19 is well done. Now if you really want to have some fun, find a field that has a wobble trap machine.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Awesome! Sounds great-- I live trap and what the above notes comments by these fine gentlemen is -- correct. It is an Olympic sport, it's dynamic and influenced by many variables -- wind, ammo, your mentality--- but it is great, a nice sport and gateway into other dynamic shotie sports ie sporting clays, and skeet. Congrats on the 19, untill you beat that number, that is the number to beat. It is great to learn to shoot dynamic and in new challenging ways.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I'd say 19/25 isn't too shabby. I've only done it a couple of times. It was a hell of a lot of fun...although, at least for me, pretty humbling...especially the first time. I did the same as you...tried to aim.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It's been too long since I've been out. My friends uncle has 4 throwers set up on his property. 2 crossing, one overhead, and one straight up. I always seemed to have the most issue with the one going straight up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts